Windows 10: Graphics upgrade for gaming

Discus and support Graphics upgrade for gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can purchase this computer for $50 without os or HDD which I already have to install. . My ? is can I upgrade the graphics for gaming, can I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobPerry1, May 27, 2020.

1. BobPerry1 Win User

Graphics upgrade for gaming

I can purchase this computer for $50 without os or HDD which I already have to install. . My ? is can I upgrade the graphics for gaming, can I install a low profile GT 710 or 1010 ti--- will this pc accept that?? This is a Dell OptiPlex 3020 MT i5-4590 3.30GHz No OS or HDD AVA>>>??

Graphics upgrade for gaming 7d097cc2-a586-47eb-991d-ad72f833d74a?upload=true.jpg

:)

BobPerry1, May 27, 2020

2. Graphics on Age of Empires 3 faulty after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the graphic card?
    • How did you install the Age of empire 3 game?
    If you have installed the game from cd or from online then I suggest you to uninstall the game and then reinstall the game in compatibility mod and check if the issue persists.

Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic card drivers as below and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 27, 2020
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 27, 2020
  4. Graphics upgrade for gaming

Game crashing.

Hi Nini,

The error message that you received when you played the game means that the graphics card driver needs an update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics card driver by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You may also run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Graphics upgrade for gaming

1. Graphics upgrade for gaming - Similar Threads - Graphics upgrade gaming

2. In game graphics resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In game graphics resetting: Hi all, I have a pc with windows 10, I recently downloaded the new call of duty game and I am having issues with in game settings saving. Every time I turn the game off and come back all the graphic settings have reset and I have to watch the start up cinematic, that is...
  3. In game graphics resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In game graphics resetting: Hi all, I have a pc with windows 10, I recently downloaded the new call of duty game and I am having issues with in game settings saving. Every time I turn the game off and come back all the graphic settings have reset and I have to watch the start up cinematic, that is...
  4. In game graphics resetting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  6. graphics upgrade

graphics upgrade: I have a dell latidude e5520 laptop. can i upgrade the graphics?. it is using intel HD 3000 on board. Windows 10 insider 8 gb ram. regards Topper. 151161
  7. graphics upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics upgrade: I have a dell latidude e5520 laptop. can i upgrade the graphics?. it is using intel HD 3000 on board. Windows 10 insider 8 gb ram. regards Topper. 151161
  8. Graphics on games not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics on games not working.: I was about to play Overwatch but I found that the graphics were terrible. I could honestly see the individual pixels, plus my frame rate just dropped. I first thought it was just overwatch but then found that all 3d games were like this. I tried finding a solution, thinking...
  9. Upgrade Graphic Card

Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  10. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...