Windows 10: Gratitude

Discus and support Gratitude in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to reply to my order post.... Not enabled! Been using the system smoothly for a few days now and there have been no system lags after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ukokeabasi Jimmy, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Gratitude

Trying to reply to my order post.... Not enabled! Been using the system smoothly for a few days now and there have been no system lags after the update. Again, I tried the hdmi option on a monitor and there was no line turns out the other TV had its own line... Some sort of things I can't comprehend rn. Thank you Dave again for your suggestion

:)

Ukokeabasi Jimmy, Jul 10, 2024

2. Gratitude

Edwin, you've been incredibly helpful. I didn't mark the problem as "Solved" because I continued to have problems after installing HideVolumeOSD. But your recommendation of that tool is much appreciated. Even knowning that I'm fighting an "OSD" popup is helpful, because I can do smarter (more targeted) Google searches as a result.

Anyway, I didn't want you to construe my failure to mark the problem "Solved" as a lack of gratitude. There should be another option "Saved My Ass" which is not exactly the same as "Solved" but still gives due merit to the person helping.

I just did a Windows Update and haven't seen these pesky popups for a few hours. Maybe that fixed something. In any case, I'm pleased to have HideVolumeOSD in my arsenal. Thanks for that and the informative posts!

pluviosilla, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Windows 7 & 10 Partition Issues

Telling anyone to "change the name" does not help in this situation.

Maybe you know all of the little steps to take to get where you suggested in the very short and clipped instructions you gave. Most people do not. Try some elaboration in your comments, for context, direction and possibly gratitude. People come here for
    help - not condescension.

Kikilagirl, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Gratitude

Resolved duplicate system folder issue

Denis,
    I apologize for taking so long to respond. I went through each suggested step. 1 - I agree with finding the address being easier your way, and will look into changing that. 2 - I put the system files into the Quick access column as you suggested, but actually after I completed step 3. I removed the "desktop" system folder per the instructions, and found that I had a second desktop sys folder still--the one with the downloads arrow as an icon. I ran the removal program a second time, but it would not remove it. My feelings are that I now have just one functioning desktop sys folder, but only with the wrong icon. I tried to change it, but there was no option in Properties. This takes care of step 5 - I did the same with the downloads sys folder and removed and reinstalled it, just in case the desktop and downloads folders were connected somehow. It restored the correct downloads sys folder in the Users folder and it let me put it in the Quick access bar, but, oddly enough, it wouldn't show up in This PC. Really, not a problem. Yes, in Properties, it has a Locations tab that leads me back to the Users folder. I've never in 30 years of working with netbooks, laptops, and PC's had this problem. Odd. I'm good with this fix thus far and maybe will look into getting that icon fixed. Thank you immensely for helping me get rid of the double desktop folder. That was confusing. Thanks again. Cindi
    KeithM,
    With all of the things that Denis had me try and what you see that I am left with now, do you have and suggestions for my one remaining issue of the downloads icon on the desktop folder? If not, please accept my sincere gratitude for your suggestions and time. This was one I'd never experienced before. Thank you very much. Cindi

Ken Cindi G, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Gratitude

1. Gratitude - Similar Threads - Gratitude

2. Gratitude

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gratitude: Trying to reply to my order post.... Not enabled! Been using the system smoothly for a few days now and there have been no system lags after the update. Again, I tried the hdmi option on a monitor and there was no line turns out the other TV had its own line... Some sort of...
  3. Gratitude

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gratitude: Trying to reply to my order post.... Not enabled! Been using the system smoothly for a few days now and there have been no system lags after the update. Again, I tried the hdmi option on a monitor and there was no line turns out the other TV had its own line... Some sort of...