Windows 10: gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen

Discus and support gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i dont know is happening but when I'm experiencing this. please help. it only come back when I press the ctrl+d. but when alt+tab is using it is like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZyahMarcleo, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:07 AM.

1. gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen

i dont know is happening but when I'm experiencing this. please help. it only come back when I press the ctrl+d. but when alt+tab is using it is like that gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen d283bcc7-bab8-49b7-97aa-9860b122255a?upload=true.png gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen 8b2d8d68-d68a-4cd1-a7f5-8c6b5a673047?upload=true.png

:)

ZyahMarcleo, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:07 AM

2. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 AM
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 AM
  4. gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen

BSOD in fullscreen.

Hello.

So recently I have been having a problem with my laptop.

Whenever I put an application in fullscreen mode, it gives me a bluescreen.

List of applications that do this:

• Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
    • Terraria
    • Steam (Big Picture mode)
    • Dolphin (Emulator)
    • Probably a couple of others that I missed.

Not all applications do this though. Google Chrome and VMware Workstation, for instance, can run just fine in fullscreen.

I have updated my Video drivers and ran the Windows 10 Setup (from the ISO) and "reinstalled" Windows.

For anyone wondering:

Stopcode: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: ddkmd.sys

If anyone knows what causes this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

theikegeraads, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:10 AM
Thema:

gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen

1. gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen - Similar Threads - gray backgorund application

2. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when fullscreen or Borderless: Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not...
  3. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  4. Multiple Fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Fullscreen applications: Hello, I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup. Not that I was planning on buying it but the LGCX 48inch tv seemed like the dream desktop monitor. There is one caveat, as a gamer I would like to play my games...
  5. In Win7, when using an application in a fullscreen borderless window, you could click the...

In Win7, when using an application in a fullscreen borderless window, you could click the...: The only way to show the main monitor taskbar when in a full screen borderless app like a video game is to hit the windows key, or you can right click the different monitor's taskbar and open the taskbar settings, which will then show the main taskbar. I've gotten so used to...
  6. File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer opens when exiting fullscreen applications with ALT+TAB: Hello, I am on Windows 10, and since yesterday, every time I use ALT+TAB to come back to my desktop from a fullscreen application, a file explorer opens up for no reason. Thanks in advance !...
  7. Taskbar in the way when in fullscreen

Taskbar in the way when in fullscreen: how to I fix this permanently. It is an easy semi fix when you restart windows explorer but then it just comes back later. I do this everyday and im wondering if there is a permanent fix to this? submitted by /u/Sean_Owe [link] [comments]...
  8. Gray background of application changes to black.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gray background of application changes to black.: Hello all, I need some help. My window background changes to black. I try to change it back but I cannot. Please see screenshots below for illustration. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any idea to change background back to gray as usual? Thanks in advance...
  9. My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FPS is locked at 30 when playing in Fullscreen/ Borderless Fullscreen, but not when...: I initially noticed this issue while playing Warframe the other day. I normally get anywhere from 40-60 fps depending on what is going on in the game. Switching from Windowed to Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen will lower my fps to 30 over a few seconds, switching back to...
  10. BSOD when anything is in fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when anything is in fullscreen: Hello, i have been experiencing error for quite some time now. Whenever i try to play a game in fullscreen or play a video in fullscreen on my other screen while editing videos this BSOD error comes: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. I cannot play a single game on my PC due to...