Windows 10: Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10)

Discus and support Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of the folder icons have been slowly been getting these Gray progress bar looking symbols on my computer. I found another thread with the similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joey9779, Oct 23, 2019.

1. joey9779 Win User

Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10)

All of the folder icons have been slowly been getting these Gray progress bar looking symbols on my computer. I found another thread with the similar issue and tried the troubleshooting steps with disabling services and startup items but that did not work. I also downloaded and installed Malwarebytes and ran a check on the computer and there were no threats identified on my system. Nothing has changed or been installed recently on my computer and I noticed that it started after my computer restarted from a power failure. All of the folders did not have this progress bar at first it was only a couple but as the minutes have gone by all of the folders now have that bar. The last time anything has changed is when there was a Windows update about a week ago and I specifically remember it because it ticked me off because I was in the middle of working on documents and it just all of a sudden shutdown and said that it was performing an update and didn't allow me to save anything Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10) [​IMG]

:)

joey9779, Oct 23, 2019

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

Hi Aries,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start?
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10)

Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

Hello! In Windows 10 my thumbnail folders in large icon view now have a gray bar to the bottom of each folder. Why do you think this has happened and how can I get rid of the gray bar? Here is a screenshot.
    Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10) 749d96d3-33d2-46fd-b5dd-6325100d6d52.jpg

aries2ganymede, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10)

1. Gray Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Gray Bars Folder

2. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray Icons: So recently, I've decided to clean up my desktop, by moving all my Shortcuts to 2 different folders, on my desktop, and as I was moving them to the folders, some lost their icons, and some didn't. The shortcut lost the icons and so did the original file. How can I restore the...
  3. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Icons: So recently, I've decided to clean up my desktop, by moving all my Shortcuts to 2 different folders, on my desktop, and as I was moving them to the folders, some lost their icons, and some didn't. The shortcut lost the icons and so did the original file. How can I restore the...
  4. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out: The Internet icon on my Windows 10 disappeared after finished a Windows update. I tried to follow several tasks discussion and suggestion but found no joy. As I played with "System Configuration" I got the Internet Icon showed up. To help resolve your concern regarding...
  6. All icons in the search bar are a windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    All icons in the search bar are a windows default: All of my icons appear as like in the screenshot below. I think this may be in result of my Windows key being stuck earlier and me catching a hotkey, if anyone could let me know how to fix this I'd appreciate it! P.S: This is only in the search bar, not task bar. [ATTACH]...
  7. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out: [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good. I also tried deleting...
  8. Folder not showing all icons or folders.

Folder not showing all icons or folders.: I don't even know how to explain this but when I use another program to open a folder so I can put something from the folder into the program it's not showing all the folders that are in the folder, so it's not showing what I need. here is a screenshot of what my folders...
  9. Gay Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10)

Gay Bars on all Folder icons (Windows 10): All of the folder icons have been slowly been getting these Gray progress bar looking symbols on my computer. I found another thread with the similar issue and tried the troubleshooting steps with disabling services and startup items but that did not work. I also downloaded...
  10. Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons: I have these gray X's on all of my Chrome Icons. How do I get rid of them? [ATTACH] Thanks Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gray-x-on-all-of-my-google-chrome-icons/78fed21f-3f2c-470a-a51b-8663ff46383c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder with gray bar

2. dell xps grey bar on screen