Windows 10: Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

Discus and support Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For the past several months I've been seeing gray bars on my screen - regardless of whether I'm in a program or not. I'm running the October... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Capros, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Capros Win User

Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere 4c0bdca6-bab9-4bb1-9b67-e62d051b414c?upload=true.jpg
    For the past several months I've been seeing gray bars on my screen - regardless of whether I'm in a program or not. I'm running the October update to Win 10 on a Dell XPS desktop. I do not want these bars but I can't get rid of them. The flow off to the right from icons, pictures and text. How can I get rid of them? Pix below shows bars in both a browser and on a Windows 10 Settings page. Very annoying - especially since there seems to be no way to be rid of them. I'm using the same theme that I've used for years without this issue. This picture doesn't do this justice - the lines are darker on the screen.

SML

:)

Capros, Jan 1, 2019

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

Hi Aries,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start?
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the following scans to repair missing or corrupted system files:

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere

1. Gray bars on desktop, in apps, everywhere - Similar Threads - Gray bars desktop

2. there is red bars everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is red bars everywhere: there is red bars every on my screen. Sometimes there transparent, sometimes less transparent. I don’t know if this does go under “Display and Graphics” but I think that relates to this situation.Image 1Image 2Image 3Btw it wouldn’t let me upload images so it’s a link now...
  3. there is red bars everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is red bars everywhere: there is red bars every on my screen. Sometimes there transparent, sometimes less transparent. I don’t know if this does go under “Display and Graphics” but I think that relates to this situation.Image 1Image 2Image 3Btw it wouldn’t let me upload images so it’s a link now...
  4. Remove white resize bar and gray window in Windows 11 desktop

Remove white resize bar and gray window in Windows 11 desktop: When an open window is not full size, I have a white box with resize choices at top of desktop and a blank gray window. I have tried switching screens which did not work....
  5. Remove white resize bar and gray window in Windows 11 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove white resize bar and gray window in Windows 11 desktop: When an open window is not full size, I have a white box with resize choices at top of desktop and a blank gray window. I have tried switching screens which did not work....
  6. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.: [IMG] The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored. The bottom bar never goes away and isn't draggable. Right clicking on either of them is like right clicking on the desktop....
  7. RE: Gray Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RE: Gray Task Bar: The solution given for solving the light gray task bar issue personalize - colors - dark is only a partial fix that causes another issue. The result is that the upper search bar then becomes dark also which it wasn't before, and not desired. The recent Windows update also...
  8. apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...: I found some fixes but nothing worked this happened today using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-are-not-on-start-bar-taskbar-to-desktop-is/6b192c83-f1bd-464e-afe7-2cf048bcfbb1
  9. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen: So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? [IMG]...
  10. Font Size In Apps and everywhere!

Font Size In Apps and everywhere!: My boss believes at some point he clicked on "Update/Change Skin" when a pop up appeared OR it could have been just an update. It made all his apps very blurry and the font size of everything on his computer very small. I went into the Display Settings and changed it from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to rid of Gray bars on Windows 10 desktop Microsoft