Windows 10: Gray box in middle of screen

Discus and support Gray box in middle of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a gray box in the middle of my screen, it looks like it has to with adjusteing the brightness. My cursor goeds underneath it and I cannot move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gary.Russell, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Gray box in middle of screen

I have a gray box in the middle of my screen, it looks like it has to with adjusteing the brightness. My cursor goeds underneath it and I cannot move it. It blocks the center of the screen. How do I get rid of it?

:)

Gary.Russell, Sep 2, 2019

2. Gray Box

Hi Debbie,

We would like to know more information about your concern so we can better assist you.

• When did you start seeing the gray box on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Sep 2, 2019
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Gray box in middle of screen

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Gray box in middle of screen

1. Gray box in middle of screen - Similar Threads - Gray box middle

2. Screen off showing locking in the middle of the screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen off showing locking in the middle of the screen: My windows screen goes off showing locking and it is still off. Please help me solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-off-showing-locking-in-the-middle-of-the/e7edb088-2d0d-488e-9999-34b9979e31eb
  3. Gray Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen Problem: I have a brand new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 on it. It struggles to get out of rest mode. I'm in college, so I have about 10 minutes in between classes, I'll close the laptop for about 5 minutes, open it back up and it has a grey screen. Everything on my laptop is...
  4. My personal Picture in middle of screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My personal Picture in middle of screen.: How do I change the small personal picture of myself on sign in screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-picture-in-middle-of-screen/82f9284f-d2aa-4dc4-a0cb-7cce3e11c85a
  5. Camera not working, gray screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, gray screen: Hello, My camera is not working. In Settings, Allow Camera is ON. The Drivers are updated. The anti-virus doesn't seem to be a problem, when disabled the camera is still not working. Any idea how I can solve this? Windows 10 / EasyCamera...
  6. My screen appears in gray.

My screen appears in gray.: I have Windows 10 and nephews very restless; I do not know how they have placed my screen gray. So if suddenly, the screen appears in gray, I would appreciate beforehand how to fix it....
  7. Feature Update Time Delay Box Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update Time Delay Box Grayed Out: I just updated from Win 10 1709 to 1809 and now the box to delay feature updates for 365 days is grayed out. How can I get access to this again so I can delay feature updates for up to 365 days? This is Win 10 Pro 64 bit. [img] 126456
  8. Notifications in middle of screen

Notifications in middle of screen: Hi, my notifications keep popping up in the middle of the screen. I understand this probably has something to do with change in resolution every time I connect an external monitor. My suggestion is that since external monitors aren't going away any time soon, is there perhaps...
  9. Google Gray Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Gray Screen: The Google app has started displaying a blank gray screen as soon as the answer page is returned. This is an old problem, but the current version in the App Store apparently has it back again. 88309
  10. External monitor gray screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor gray screen: BlKmHnXVUy8 Hardware: Schenker XMG A726 (Clevo N170RF1-G) Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews Look at this sh*t. No matter which multi display mode I pick, the external monitor simply shows a gray screen without a cursor or anything. I did try every single...