Windows 10: gray/dead pixel can be fixed ?

Discus and support gray/dead pixel can be fixed ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Bought new monitor and found it has two very pale gray or dead pixels, anyway RMA is painful and want to avoid if there is any possible fix ? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by William40, Aug 31, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

gray/dead pixel can be fixed ?

Bought new monitor and found it has two very pale gray or dead pixels, anyway RMA is painful and want to avoid if there is any possible fix ? The monitor is QHD the pixel does not appear at all unless I am at very close distance but would be nice to fix.

Thanks.

:)

William40, Aug 31, 2020
  2. William40 Win User

Bought new monitor and found it has two very pale gray or dead pixels, anyway RMA is painful and want to avoid if there is any possible fix ? The monitor is QHD the pixel does not appear at all unless I am at very close distance but would be nice to fix.

Thanks.

William40, Aug 31, 2020
  3. William40 Win User

yes tried all the advices on the net nothing worked. it is really strange common problem like this in 2020 and still no proper fix.

William40, Aug 31, 2020
  4. gray/dead pixel can be fixed ?

Search the internet and you will find a whole lot of suggested actions such as gently massaging the area with a damp warm cloth, etc. Personally, none of those have ever worked for me.

Also, you should be prepared to possibly be denied an RMA for 2 dead pixels. A certain number of dead pixels is considered "normal". About the only company I know of that is an exception is Dell on some lines of monitors.

hsehestedt, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. gray/dead pixel can be fixed ? - Similar Threads - gray dead pixel

2. Dead pixels I guess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead pixels I guess: Can someone help me how to fix this?It gets worse when you're in an app:In some apps, it literally fills almost the entire screen:This thing has been happening since I upgraded to Windows 11 two days after its launch. Please help. Thank you :D...
  3. Dead pixels I guess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead pixels I guess: Can someone help me how to fix this?It gets worse when you're in an app:In some apps, it literally fills almost the entire screen:This thing has been happening since I upgraded to Windows 11 two days after its launch. Please help. Thank you :D...
  4. Dead pixels on new product

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Dead pixels on new product: I recently purchased a Samsung 49" CHG90 QLED monitor from the Microsoft Store. It has been about two weeks and I already notice two dead pixels. Is there a warranty on this product?...
  5. A fake dead pixel on my screen? Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A fake dead pixel on my screen? Any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LelHiThere [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6qk5h/a_fake_dead_pixel_on_my_screen_any_fix/
  6. gray/dead pixel can be fixed ?

in Windows 10 Support
    gray/dead pixel can be fixed ?: Bought new monitor and found it has two very pale gray or dead pixels, anyway RMA is painful and want to avoid if there is any possible fix ? The monitor is QHD the pixel does not appear at all unless I am at very close distance but would be nice to fix. Thanks. 163558
  7. Broken Pixels, how can i fix this?

Broken Pixels, how can i fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MonzaK78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs5erx/broken_pixels_how_can_i_fix_this/
  8. Half screen, dead pixels

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Half screen, dead pixels: Hi, I'm Ravi. Today I got some updates cummalative KB555765 from microsoft. After updating, I'm facing issues with the display. The homescreen is showing in half and bottom is having dead pixel I beleive because I can see dots on it. I cant even connect to internet, Audio...
  9. Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?

Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9cs0a/is_this_a_dead_pixel_in_my_monitor_is_there_a_way/
  10. Does this look like a dead or stuck pixel?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does this look like a dead or stuck pixel?: Hello, guys. I have Samsung s34e790c monitor. Had it about 1 1/2 years, I probably use it about 6 hours every other day. I just noticed today right in the center a grey mark. I'm trying to figure if it's a stuck or dead pixel. Can I get your guy's opinions? Thanks You can...