Windows 10: Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

Discus and support Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so after i set up this thing so that the computer locks at a specific time, im just getting my taskbar, a grey rectangle, and my background. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by silas hunter, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

so after i set up this thing so that the computer locks at a specific time, im just getting my taskbar, a grey rectangle, and my background.

i have tried running explorer.exe and that did not help.

Help me!!!!!! Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else acf27d7e-e496-45f9-a3db-c2391933064d?upload=true.jpg

:)

silas hunter, Jul 9, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jul 9, 2019
  3. RuneW Win User
    Stubborn grey rectangle covering up the upper left of the desktop

After I tried adding a virtual desktop, a strange gray rectangle has appeared on my desktop (both Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 I might add). This semi translucent rectangle covers up the desktop icons so that I cannot click on them.

I've tried to close all apps, but it won't go away. Any idea what this is all about?

-Rune

EDIT: Never mind. It disappeared with a reboot.

RuneW, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

1. Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else - Similar Threads - Gray rectangle desktop

2. One program, nothing else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One program, nothing else: I have a charity who bought a new windows 11 laptop. I want to set up a log in profile that will open only 1 program on startup and restrict the user to that program only. Nothing else at all.Is this possible?...
  3. One program, nothing else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One program, nothing else: I have a charity who bought a new windows 11 laptop. I want to set up a log in profile that will open only 1 program on startup and restrict the user to that program only. Nothing else at all.Is this possible?...
  4. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  5. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  6. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  8. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...