Windows 10: Gray screen after startup

Discus and support Gray screen after startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Every time my desktop starts up, it has a gray screen for a long time, before the OS finally kicks in. My HDD seems to be loading a lot when this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WarriorYT, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WarriorYT Win User

Gray screen after startup

Hi,

Every time my desktop starts up, it has a gray screen for a long time, before the OS finally kicks in. My HDD seems to be loading a lot when this happens. My PC specs are:

HDD: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 6l080l4 80 GB, 7200 RPM

Processor: Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHz, 2 cores

Memory: 2 GB Corsair memory

Graphics Card: Intel G41 Express Chipset

Can you please help me with this issue?

:)

WarriorYT, Mar 23, 2020

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 23, 2020
  4. jwebby Win User

"Gray Screen of Death"

Great post! I have a Sapphire HD 5750 sitting on the shelf going to waste due to the gray screen crash. I run dual monitors and mine crashes randomly in 2D and is guaranteed to gray screen playing any kind of video.

A few months ago I tried this method to no avail. The clocks stayed up just fine but it didn't help my crashing problem.

This post has motivated me to maybe find a reference HD 5750 bios of another brand and try flashing.

I've never flashed a video card, any suggestions or links where I might find a bios and flash utility?

Thanks again for the great post.

jwebby, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Gray screen after startup - Similar Threads - Gray screen startup

2. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  3. Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup stuck on gray screen and not showing log in screen: I have tried reinstalling Windows, repairing startup, and safe mod but the issue still continues. My PC will most of the time display the login screen but some case gray screens....
  4. after sleep mode gray screen lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep mode gray screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  5. after sleep mode gray screen lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode gray screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  6. after sleep mode gray screen lines

7. Gray Screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen after login: So I was cleaning out my windows 10 storage and i delete the temporary files, leaving downloads and pre installations untouchesI restarted my computer and after logging it it gray screens,, with a services panel that does nothingI have absolutely no idea how to fix this !...
  8. Gray screen after bootanimation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gray screen after bootanimation: Today I restarted my computer but after the boot animation I just get a gray screen. I tried another monitor. I looked inside and cleaned it. I removed all cables gave it a rest and tried again. I tried reinstalling windows now it shows an loading circle shortly before it...
  9. Screen stays gray after turned of and then on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen stays gray after turned of and then on: The thing is, when I restart my PC, everything is fine, the monitors work perfectly, but when I turn a monitor off and then back on, the monitor just stays gray and don't full turn on. The lights indicating the monitor is on light up when on, just that all I see a black or...
  10. Google Gray Screen

Google Gray Screen: The Google app has started displaying a blank gray screen as soon as the answer page is returned. This is an old problem, but the current version in the App Store apparently has it back again. 88309