Windows 10: Gray screen of Death??

Discus and support Gray screen of Death?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]Hello everyone! Can I ask for a little assistance please? : Okay the problem is I am having a difficulty on where to start fixing this laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ivan :, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Ivan : Win User

Gray screen of Death??

Gray screen of Death?? [​IMG]Hello everyone!

Can I ask for a little assistance please? :

Okay the problem is I am having a difficulty on where to start fixing this laptop.

When I restart it just pops a gray screen hopefully not fatal

I am seeing a lot of community fixes around here but I don’t know hot to apply those...

example. There is a step on holding shift when pressing power button on to let the windows repair itself

but the case here is that it’s not working.

another example. Try to troubleshoot. But how? I am stuck with gray screen. aside from pressing on power buttons on and off. shift,win key, function key..etc. It just seem not to work on my side.

Pleasee I have important files in here. Hope you can help me with it. Thanks.

:)

Ivan :, Nov 6, 2020

2. Gray screen of death

Hi - My dell laptop is having gray screen of death now. It had 'bad system config info' and I had followed the steps 2 & 4 mentioned in this post - Fix BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO error in Windows 10 [BSoD Help]. In fact step2 just said Element not found. Step
    4 worked. After that I restarted the PC and it keeps showing Gray screen of death and does not get to the login page at all. It shows Dell start up logo, with options F2, F12 etc and if I let it continue, it just keeps showing gray screen of death.

Can you pls help me fix the problem? I have data in it, so cant afford to reset the PC immediately.

Pls let me know if you need more details.

MYWindowsUser2012, Nov 6, 2020
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Nov 6, 2020
  4. jwebby Win User

Gray screen of Death??

"Gray Screen of Death"

Great post! I have a Sapphire HD 5750 sitting on the shelf going to waste due to the gray screen crash. I run dual monitors and mine crashes randomly in 2D and is guaranteed to gray screen playing any kind of video.

A few months ago I tried this method to no avail. The clocks stayed up just fine but it didn't help my crashing problem.

This post has motivated me to maybe find a reference HD 5750 bios of another brand and try flashing.

I've never flashed a video card, any suggestions or links where I might find a bios and flash utility?

Thanks again for the great post.

jwebby, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Gray screen of Death??

1. Gray screen of Death?? - Similar Threads - Gray screen Death

2. Screen of Death???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen of Death???: I "Attempted" a factory reset on a Dell 2330 I just aquired, the reset seemed to be going text book normal. Then on restarting i got the infamous blue screen. . .which turned into a lot of pop-up boxes and a flashing red screen with a code of some sorts it seems. Any and all...
  3. Screen of Death???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen of Death???: I "Attempted" a factory reset on a Dell 2330 I just aquired, the reset seemed to be going text book normal. Then on restarting i got the infamous blue screen. . .which turned into a lot of pop-up boxes and a flashing red screen with a code of some sorts it seems. Any and all...
  4. Screen of Death???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen of death.

Screen of death.: Hello, this is my first time posting on microsoft as I have been met with various issues. I have never had a problem with blue screen of death. I installed a new SSD and cloned my HDD onto it. Everything worked fine for about 8 months until lately I've been getting 'your PC...
  6. FH4 Gray Screen Crash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FH4 Gray Screen Crash: Hello. I bought forza like a year ago. I havent had many problems with it although i got a crashing problem a few days ago... I can start forza but the farthest ive gotten into the game since this issue is just pressing the gas most of the times it crashes in the menu. SO...
  7. Gray screen after startup

Gray screen after startup: Hi, Every time my desktop starts up, it has a gray screen for a long time, before the OS finally kicks in. My HDD seems to be loading a lot when this happens. My PC specs are: HDD: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 6l080l4 80 GB, 7200 RPM Processor: Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHz, 2...
  8. Screen of death

Screen of death: My computer will not start up. It says “Your PC did not start up correctly. There’s a Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I started when we were having a thunderstorm, so I shutdown as usual and unplugged it. Waited till the next day to plug in and this is what happened. Can...
  9. Gray Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen Problem: I have a brand new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 on it. It struggles to get out of rest mode. I'm in college, so I have about 10 minutes in between classes, I'll close the laptop for about 5 minutes, open it back up and it has a grey screen. Everything on my laptop is...
  10. Google Gray Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Gray Screen: The Google app has started displaying a blank gray screen as soon as the answer page is returned. This is an old problem, but the current version in the App Store apparently has it back again. 88309