Windows 10: Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

Discus and support Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Today when I went to go turn on my computer, my PC booted into a gray screen w/ just a mouse cursor. I first tried to unplug all USB devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jacklogic, Jun 30, 2020.

1. jacklogic Win User

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

Hello,

Today when I went to go turn on my computer, my PC booted into a gray screen w/ just a mouse cursor. I first tried to unplug all USB devices and unplug the power for 30 sec, but that did not work. I have installed Windows onto a USB drive and tried to get into BIOS to repair Windows, but when that happens I actually do not get a gray screen. Instead, my monitor displays no input. This is especially frustrating, considering that my PC was operating perfectly fine the night before. Hoping I could receieve some help.

Thanks,

Jack

:)

jacklogic, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Fasu Win User

No Mouse Cursor on Boot Screen

I've had Win 10 for quite a while and PC has worked like a champ. Lately, after it boots up and gets to the Home? screen (the screen you click on to enter your password), I don't have a mouse cursor. Keyboard doesn't seem to have a key function to get
    past this screen.

System is a ASUS Essentio with a Logitech wireless keyboard and a wired Logitech mouse

Things I've done to remedy:

1) Booted to the BIOS screen at startup and mouse works like a champ, so the mouse is fine.

2) Thinking this could be system update download issue, I've unplugged my network cable and rebooted. No change.

This happened yesterday but after rebooted the system, it came up and mouse worked. Today, nothing seems to get it going. Any suggestions out there?

3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot [​IMG]

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

1. Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot - Similar Threads - Gray screen mouse

2. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login: Hey all, trying to help my gf with some computer issues, We were playing games and hanging out on discord last night, we went to sleep, she attempted to wake her computer up in the morning, she gets a black screen after login with cursor. Walked through the typical steps,...
  3. Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen w/ no cursor: I just plugged in a new monitor, and the monitor shows the boot screen, then just shows a black screen, I looked it up on YouTube, and they all said to press Ctrl+alt+del, open task manager, I do somethi g else, but i cant open tadk manager either. Ive restarted my computer,...
  4. No mouse cursor at boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse cursor at boot: I have noticed earlier today, that the mouse cursor is not visible at boot. As far as I can remember mouse cursor was always visible when computer was turned on and not visible when computers was restarted. I also would like to point that the mouse Micorsoft Sculpt Desktop...
  5. extra mouse cursor on screen

extra mouse cursor on screen: Yesterday an extra fixed mouse cursor appeared in about the center of the screen. The regular cursor the moves with the mouse shows up blinking when the mouse moves and then disappears. Sometimes I can click to select items and sometimes not. I have pursued solutions through...
  6. black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with mouse cursor: how can I fix black screen with mouse cursor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-mouse-cursor/1bf545a7-be98-4c0f-b9b5-d3432942393e
  7. Hp pavilion booting to black screen with mouse cursor

Hp pavilion booting to black screen with mouse cursor: Hp Pavilion 14-b000ei - booting to black screen with mouse cursor. Help 75738
  8. Boot Lock Screen mouse cursor/kb delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Lock Screen mouse cursor/kb delay: Recently, i've noticed that everytime windows 10 (x64 pro) starts and gets to the initial lock screen, it takes up to 6 seconds to show the mouse cursor and register keyboard events in order to let me log in. It used to be instantaneous. Is this related to Build 1511...
  9. Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login.: Hi, I've got a serious issue. My newly built computer has been having issues since about day 3. First, let me list off relevant hardware and software. MoBo: ASUS Z170-A CPU: Intel 6600k i5 GPU: MSI 1070 GTX RAM: 32GB DDR4 128GB SSD 1TB HDD 1.5TB HDD 650w PSU...
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...