Windows 10: gray text on all websites

Discus and support gray text on all websites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had an update, now all my text on websites are gray and task bar is all white.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonnaBrown2, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:52 AM.

1. DonnaBrown2 Win User

gray text on all websites

I had an update, now all my text on websites are gray and task bar is all white.

:)

2. ct5098 Win User

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

3. Black Panther Win User
    "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:07 PM
  4. Vanessa Sohtun Win User

Windows 10 Light Gray Text

Hi, Joe.

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you log into safe mode and un-installing and re-installing the Graphic Driver. To do so refer the steps below:

Step 1: Safe Mode.

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    • Follow the same procedure and uncheck the safe box in Boot tab to return to normal desktop mode.

Step 2: Un-installing and Re-installing Driver

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand "Display Adapters”.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 Graphics driver for your computer and check.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest that you run the driver in compatibility mode. To do so follow the step below:

Step:

a. Right click/tap twice the driver setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.

d. Try installing the driver/software and check.

Hope this information helps. Do revert back to us with the outcome, so that we can

assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:07 PM
Thema:

1. gray text on all websites - Similar Threads - gray text websites

2. All PC's text in Swedish by mistake....

in Windows 10 Support
    All PC's text in Swedish by mistake....: Clicked on Swedish text for PC by mistake but can't find where to return it back to English, just keeps saying I'm not the admin.... ! *Biggrin Appreciate any help......thanks/tacka 117553
  3. Weird nameless gray (or black) window appearing all the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird nameless gray (or black) window appearing all the time: This started happening a few days ago. I'm not sure if it's related, but I uninstalled Acrobat DC and installed Acrobat XI and sometime after that it started. I get one of the following randomly in my Windows 10 desktop: - "DDE Server" (or DDE Server Window, I'm not sure)...
  4. Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly: Hello! I've been running into a text display issue with my browsers. When I go to a certain website (eg:www.nationstates.net), all it displays is just a weird arrangements of letters, numbers and symbols. This was from Chrome, and the same issue persists in Edge. At first,...
  5. Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with my start menu display (missing apps and grayed texts): Don't know where to post this so I'll do it here. *sarc Issues: Blurry Start Menu Texts and Icons; 'Grayed' Start Menu Texts; Missing Apps; Unable to change the Start Menu titles Just updated to Windows 10 creators fall version 1709 and it might have caused the issues....
  6. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....
  7. Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Hover text color suddenly highlighted in gray? Windows 10 pro: Hello, I'm having an issue where my hover-text and tool tips are suddenly highlighted in gray. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.693. Here are screen shots to demonstrate. [img] [img] As you can see, this happens when I hover on anything that...
  8. Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites: Hi, I have recently built a new PC and I have had this issue with the text. In some websites and programs it appears blocky and irregular. See screen dump below. [img] Fixes I have tried: -For an individual program going to its Properties>Compatibility>checking...
  9. Need to make ALL text LARGER.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to make ALL text LARGER.: While I am grateful for everything I have found and used here B4 Micro$oft removed the easy and safe way to change text and fonts I still have many things that don't suite my needs. I tried the scaling and sorry but that sucks bigtime. I have Windoze 10 Home and its just so...
  10. Language does not change in all texts

in Windows 10 Support
    Language does not change in all texts: [img] As you can see on screen, I changed language from German to Slovak ,but not all text have changed. How can I solve this? Thank you. 23047