Windows 10: Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

Discus and support Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have these gray X's on all of my Chrome Icons. How do I get rid of them? [ATTACH] Thanks Joe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joebarnes60, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

I have these gray X's on all of my Chrome Icons. How do I get rid of them?

Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons 36064c66-301b-4f6f-b73a-7ce714c12e61?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

Joe

:)

joebarnes60, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons

1. Gray X on all of my Google Chrome Icons - Similar Threads - Gray Google Chrome

2. my google Chrome icon is transparent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my google Chrome icon is transparent: I opened google Chrome to use it but then when I checked my desktop after that my google Chrome icon was transparent, why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-google-chrome-icon-is-transparent/b813738c-0808-4bb5-97a8-57251d07067c
  3. Why is Google Chrome more of a light gray color and not gray like other ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Google Chrome more of a light gray color and not gray like other ones?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TiFerTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knoprg/why_is_google_chrome_more_of_a_light_gray_color/
  4. Gray x on my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray x on my pictures: Okay, so yesterday i had no space left on my laptop and i decided to put important pictures in a usb and i cut and paste the pictures and i checked and everything was okay then i factory reset my computer in the other day i turn on the computer and my old stuff came back...
  5. Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome/Google icons gone missing...: Got up this morning to check necessities on my computer but noticed something missing, it was Google Chrome and the Google icons on my desktop and task bar. Question: Because I opted not to use Microsoft Edge, Microsoft has not stopped me from using or accessing Chrome or...
  6. Windows 10 x Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 x Google Chrome: Quick question. I'm trying to look if there's a way to create multiple Google Chrome tabs open simultaneously when alt-tabbing back to Google Chrome. An example situation: I have Google Chrome open, I create a new tab for YouTube and a second tab for Reddit. I assign one tab...
  7. google chrome showing nothing but a gray box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome showing nothing but a gray box: this is what I see when I open google chrome, does is anyone else having this problem too?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-showing-nothing-but-a-gray-box/293e36af-8dc6-4d94-b7c4-b3556e882652
  8. what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean?: what does the gray x at the bottom of an icon mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-gray-x-at-the-bottom-of-an-icon-mean/92f4469e-4ccd-4a7b-a5dc-5e676363fc02"
  9. Google Chrome Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Icon: I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. My cursor wasn't visible and I was trying to see if that would fix the problem. When I reinstalled and opened google, the icon in the taskbar had a little user icon next to it when I reinstalled it. [ATTACH] It doesn't seem...
  10. Google Chrome icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome icons.: I keep getting a google chrome icon with a grey head in it on my computer. I understand this icon is for multiple profiles (whatever that means). I want to get rid of it. Internet advice says go the wrench in the top right hand corner of your screen, but Windows 10 has no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grey x on pictures internet explorer chrome all white