Windows 10: Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?

Discus and support Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having some trouble with my photos I went to open them and they have a gray X in the bottom left corner of the file and they are unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregoryBlackman, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?

Hello all, I'm having some trouble with my photos I went to open them and they have a gray X in the bottom left corner of the file and they are unable to be open. Does anyone know what may be going on or have any solution?

Thanks a lot. Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please? 88a62792-4689-45bb-89dc-09444aa0ee28?upload=true.jpg

:)

GregoryBlackman, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Make a Copy option is grayed out in Windows Photo Viewer - Windows 10

Hi Shailendra,

There are several reasons that can cause the Make a copy option to be grayed out in Windows Photo Viewer. It can be due to outdated software or corrupted files.

To help resolve this issue with the Make a copy option being grayed out, you can follow these steps:

• Right-click the photo you opened in the Windows Photo Viewer.
    • Click Properties.
    • Open the General tab.
    • At the bottom of the dialogue box under Attributes, uncheck the Read Only
      box.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Mar 17, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?

1. Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please? - Similar Threads - Gray photos cannot

2. Please some help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please some help needed: There is a blue tiny window showing in my desktop and I dont know what it is. Please help me I cant figure out how to close it. I check on the task manager there is no unknown app. I need to remove it. It is annoying....
  3. Please some help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please some help needed: There is a blue tiny window showing in my desktop and I dont know what it is. Please help me I cant figure out how to close it. I check on the task manager there is no unknown app. I need to remove it. It is annoying....
  4. Please some help needed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need some help and advice, please and thanks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help and advice, please and thanks: submitted by /u/gowashyourmilk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyrrxd/need_some_help_and_advice_please_and_thanks/
  6. Cannot open some files in the photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open some files in the photos app: I have a bunch of photos from 2015-present that were transferred from my old laptop to my Surface go about a year ago. I've been trying to declutter my photos app and make more space, but the majority of my photos are greyed out and when I click on them it says that "We can't...
  7. I need some help with updates, please!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need some help with updates, please!: I'm currently trying to download something to my laptop, but whenever I try to do so, it tells me that "It's time to update your device" and gives me the option to either "Got to Microsoft Store" or "Update now". If I try to go to the store, it tells me to select an app to...
  8. Problem opening my photos - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem opening my photos - help please!: Hello Have just got a brand new Acer Aspire 3 laptop to replace my old one and am running version 1903 windows 10 as before. Have transferred all my docs, favorites etc using a memory stick and all is great except............. I have all my docs and photo folders located in...
  9. need some help please!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need some help please!!!: I just got this ASUS ZENBOOK UX 305 LAP TOP and I have only in my short life with computers used android products and Microsoft and windows 10 is very much Japanese to me.. but I tried to stop some buffering and took it upon myself to act like I knew what I was doing and...
  10. I have a gray x on most of my files and I cannot open the.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a gray x on most of my files and I cannot open the.: I have a gray x on most of my files and I cannot open the. It doesn't matter if they are word docs, excel spreadsheets, PDFs or anything else. This only began 3/2/20....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Image not open problem slove in windows 10