Windows 10: grayed out sync settings in mail app

Discus and support grayed out sync settings in mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can someone tell me why suddenly my mail app will not sync to my email account like it has been doing fine for several years and will not allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jay_280, Feb 11, 2021.

1. jay_280 Win User

grayed out sync settings in mail app

can someone tell me why suddenly my mail app will not sync to my email account like it has been doing fine for several years and will not allow me to access sync options because that section in manage your acct is grayed out? Ty for help with fixing this.

:)

jay_280, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Nerkyator Win User

Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Hadab2008 Win User

Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

Hello,
    I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications.
    When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all?
    Despite the fact that it is already the default app!

grayed out sync settings in mail app [​IMG]

grayed out sync settings in mail app [​IMG]

Any suggestions ?

Hadab2008, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. grayed out sync settings in mail app - Similar Threads - grayed sync settings

2. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  3. Mail app not syncing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app not syncing.: The mail app used to be working normally with my imap account, but I recently wanted to change the sync history to infinite so I can access old mail from the app. The sync settings is greyed out I was using imap, not pop3, that shouldn't be a problem.I followed the...
  4. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  5. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  6. mail app sync

mail app sync: I posted a question about my mail app not syncing earlier and was asked for additional information. The mail app that I am using is the Windows 10 app. It is not syncing with my business Outlook account in Office 365. This seemed to occur after an update. I am not sure...
  7. Sync your settings grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync your settings grayed out: Under Accounts -> Sync your settings, everything is grayed out. It says to contact administrator but I am the administrator of the computer. I have Windows 10 Home on the computer....
  8. Mail App not Syncing Mail

Mail App not Syncing Mail: I recently got a new laptop and logged into my outlook account on the default windows 10 account and it wont sync any recent emails, just emails from May 2018 and before. So could someone please help!!!...
  9. Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out): Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications. When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all? Despite the fact that it is already the default app! [img] [img] Any suggestions ? 100012
  10. Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Mailbox Setting in Windows Mail App: In W10 Mail App we can change the sync mailbox settings to 'based on my usage', 'manually' and sever time periods. What exactly do the first two mean? And how can we manually sync them; is there a button to do so? Thank you. 84400