Windows 10: Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

Discus and support Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was just working on some lab materials on a MOOC when I realized that a particular feature would be really interesting if it were available. When you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShyamPatrick, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

I was just working on some lab materials on a MOOC when I realized that a particular feature would be really interesting if it were available. When you copy you copy it to the Clipboard, and Win + V allows you to select what to paste if you have a Clipboard History. But what if you could have a Paste Into Field designed into the clipboard?

For instance, if you were working on multiple items, and you constantly copied from one part to the other, like maybe the command prompt to a editor, and you had to wait for certain commands to complete but were editing multiple files at the same time, wouldn't it be awesome if you could specify a field into your clipboard and then when pasting select a Paste Into Field and select the field you would like to paste into?

I think it's a genius idea. Let me further clarify with this user story:

I was on my command prompt and had to wait for the script to finish. In the meanwhile I edited a config file that required some info from the command prompt process which was running. I was also editing another file at the same time. I highlighted the part of the config file that needed to be filled in and right clicked and selected Paste Into Field. Then I entered the name of the field: CloudBucket. I moved on to work on the other file.

When the command process finished, I highlighted the required data and right clicked and selected Copy and Paste Into Field. The popup showed me a list of fields that I could paste into, and I selected CloudBucket. And voila, the data was pasted into the config file without a break in flow.

Of course you need't just limit it to right clicking - you could use the shortcut keys like Win + V or something similar. Maybe Win + Ctrl + V. IDK about how you'd implement it specifically but I think it should be a cool feature to have for working in Windows.

:)

ShyamPatrick, Oct 9, 2019

2. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as
    BMP which doesn't allow for transparency. Is there a workaround? like an application that adds functionality to the clipboard that would address this issue?

When I copy and paste from illustrator to Photoshop, the transparency remains. I think this is because Illustrator allows you to export clipboard data as pdf data.

DevinMurdock1, Oct 9, 2019
  3. No clipboard

Hi everyone,

My computer has no clipboard. I am unable to copy and paste into any application on my surface. Clipboard does not show in the list in Settings/System where it is supposed to live.

Any ideas on how to load it?

ElizabethMcConnell1, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

Paste command not pasting most recent clipboard item

Hi, I'm working in Windows 10 and have a persistent problem with Copy + Paste. The problem is that the Paste command typically does not paste the most recent item from the clipboard, but rather pastes an item previously copied to the clipboard. So, for example,
    I might go grab something from the web via CTRL + C, and then try to copy it into an email, only to find that the pasted material is something I previously copied, not the material I copied most recently. At that point I have to go back, re-copy the stuff
    from the web, and try the paste command again. This works, but performing this sequence of steps twice most of the time is a pain in the...keyboard.

I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

David Dodenhoff, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

1. Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard) - Similar Threads - Great Idea Copying

2. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  3. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  4. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  5. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  6. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Paste from clipboard to folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paste from clipboard to folder: When i push enter the clipboard disappears and nothing happens in the folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-from-clipboard-to-folder/100c545f-b470-43e2-8562-155f475ac79e
  8. Pasting from clipboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting from clipboard: I have saved a screen shot image .png to the clipboard using Win+Shift+S but how do I copy/paste it out, say to the Desktop? Pressing Win+V opens a small window displaying the icon with a menu to Pin or Unpin. However, it does not respond to a Right click and selecting the...
  9. Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem): If I am copying and pasting text from one text file to another. Or from anywhere to anywhere, it usually forgets after a single paste, and I have to go and re-copy it again. Or, if I copy something and don't paste it straight away, it will forget before I even get to paste it...
  10. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...