Windows 10: Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only...

Discus and support Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using AMD x955 CPU and I need to work with this gear for a little bit longer. After research I'm sure that's CPU compared problem - when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Veseo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Veseo Win User

Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only...

Hello,
    I'm using AMD x955 CPU and I need to work with this gear for a little bit longer. After research I'm sure that's CPU compared problem - when I'm installing VS 2015 or newer, my computer loses most of it's power in almost every possible game/application. Not using "new" VS is not an option since I'm also a hobbyist UE4 developer and it require VS 2015 redistributable installed. I've found other people with same CPU and same problem - so it's not related directly with my rig I suppose. For example I used to have stable 140 Frames per second in game X and now, after VS2017 installation, its very unstable 60 FPS. As I said before, I'm pretty sure that is a unique problem between AMD x955 CPU (or even phenoms II in general) and Virtual Studio 2015+. And i hope there is some kind of workaround so I don't have to upgrade my gear in such hurry.
    Regards Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only... :)

:)

Veseo, Mar 13, 2019

2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) install problem

Thanks for the update on the result of you performing the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since you're still getting the error message, we suggest that you get in touch with the application developer to verify the compatibility of the app with Windows 10
    as well as confirm what other components it needs to install properly. The reason we are suggesting this is that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages are generally pre-installed in the Windows operating system and additional Microsoft Visual C++
    2008 SP1 Redistributable Packages may require an additional license to install.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Skadia42 Win User
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 Installation Error

Hello,

I've tried all the steps and none of them worked.

• Method 1 did not work because the Fix It said it doesn't run on my operating system.
    • I was able to do Method 2 but it did not fix the issue.
    • I was also able to do Method 3 but that did not fix the issue.
    I also tried to install the VC++ Redistributable Package while doing a clean boot but that did not work.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

Skadia42, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only...

Can not Install VS2015

Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only... 591007f3-c040-4e4e-864b-4b6c190c8199?upload=true.png

I had VS2010 which I was uninstalled it to install VS2015 but I am facing above window. Can you please help me to solve this issue and install VS2015 ?

GOPALGHODKE, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only...

1. Great system performance hit after installing VS2015 redistributable (or newer) but only... - Similar Threads - Great system performance

2. Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: I got a brand new gaming laptop HP Victus 15, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 eight days ago and so far things have been working fine. However, today I've tried playing a new game that game out [Cities: Skyline 2 yes I'm aware the game has performance issues, I haven't...
  3. Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070641 - I can't install newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: I got a brand new gaming laptop HP Victus 15, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 eight days ago and so far things have been working fine. However, today I've tried playing a new game that game out [Cities: Skyline 2 yes I'm aware the game has performance issues, I haven't...
  4. Windows 10 Task manager closes after hitting performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Task manager closes after hitting performance tab: I have just upgrade to Win10 from Win7 pro on my laptop. When I open task manager. it opens fine. All taps appear to be working except Performance tab. Every time when I hit it, it will not show. Task manager appears to just pause quickly, then closes itself. Any idea how...
  5. Hyper-V host performance hit?

Hyper-V host performance hit?: Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of users especially in gaming have been seeing performance hits up to 30% performance loss. or up to 20-40 fps loss in gaming....
  6. Performance hit after KB4530864 December 2019 rollup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance hit after KB4530864 December 2019 rollup: On starting Windows 10 since the December 2019 updates, specifically KB4530864, I have noticed that older hardware runs noticeably slower for some minutes after startup. This also applies to recent faster hardware but the effect is concealed by the faster performance of...
  7. pagefile is reduces performance greatly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pagefile is reduces performance greatly: Because memory leak in windows, you can't get rid of pagefile completely. There are some programs, which are suppose to deal with that. But on occasion i am maxed on ram, even i have 16GB RAM. And also some programs doesn't work without page file. I have pagefile on hdd, but...
  8. Performance after install

Performance after install: I am running Windows 10 Home, Evaluation Copy: Build 183.42.19h1_release 190215-1528. Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release) installed on 2/27/2019. Since the installation I have experienced the following issues Slow startup, system display refreshes several...
  9. Adobe CS6 Bridge and Photoshop performance not great.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe CS6 Bridge and Photoshop performance not great.: Just thought I would share my experiences with CS6 Master Suite on Windows 10 Pro (64) I performed a clean install of Windows 10 (64) on my main image/video editing system (I'm a pro photographer). I installed it on a Samsung 250pro SSD which I can easily swap out of my...
  10. Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question on Performing a Clean Installation on Newer HP Omen Laptop: Hi All Will be this machines first time updating to a new build soonish here, so trying to get prepared, System recovery backup flash drive done(Check), Personal files backed up with Macirum reflect full system image, All HP drivers updated as much as can be currently, do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. great system performance hit after installing vs2015 redistributable microsoft