Windows 10: Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries

Discus and support Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Some folks are querying the reason for having / installing WSL on Windows Here's a great use for WSL : --saves using a Linux VM for this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 6, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries

Hi folks

Some folks are querying the reason for having / installing WSL on Windows

Here's a great use for WSL : --saves using a Linux VM for this.

Python is brilliant if you like messing about for example with retrieving Financial data from the web via quick command line and without messing around with different browsers.

After installing a WSL distro ensure python installed (on the WSL distro) , install also yfinance,pandas, yahoofinancials,json and mplotlib

Then "Seemples"

this gets a few basic quick lines data from TSLA add code etc to store in a file and "you are in business" for EXCEL etc analysis.

start python and enter the data :

Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries [​IMG]

there's zillions of financial functions to be used all free / no registration required from YAHOO Finance

I'm sure others will find other uses --python incredibly easy / powerful language.

(I recommend using the WSL rather than trying to install Python natively in Windows since if you are missing any libraries etc it's easy to install them on the WSL with the relevant Linux package manager -- Windows in this type of situation throws a "Hissy Fissy" if missing libraries etc).

Have fun !! Whose the next winner on The Stock exchange

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 6, 2020
  2. dazed554 Win User

Python

Python is a good beginner's language as it is simple to use and the interactive interpreter is useful. The main drawback to the language is speed since it is interpreted, but that shouldn't be much of a concern for beginners. I have not used it personally, but PyGame is a popular library for programming games in Python.

dazed554, May 6, 2020
  3. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 6, 2020
  4. Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries

1. Great use for WSL in Windows -- Python with financial libraries - Similar Threads - Great WSL Python

2. python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  3. python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  4. python

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What this python process and it is using my CPU

What this python process and it is using my CPU: Yesterday after udating to 21H1 January Cumulative Update i seen this process in my task manager and it used 50%CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-this-python-process-and-it-is-using-my-cpu/6fa7adcb-88b0-48ea-9066-888722565e3e
  6. Couldn't use wsl gui

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Couldn't use wsl gui: [ATTACH] Please don't direct me to any other forum. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-use-wsl-gui/43e9e847-7b06-42f5-9510-b0d1a5c43857
  7. External libraries of Python "numpy" import error.

External libraries of Python "numpy" import error.: Kindly i am trying to figure out what is the problem when importing numpy in python 3.9. When i tracked the website in the error message, It seems all these bugs are related to windows update, but i couldn't interpret how to fix this issue. You can check the attached photo,...
  8. FINANCIAL SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Customization
    FINANCIAL SOFTWARE: My bank is no longer supporting MS Money, so I'm looking for a replacement program (I used it most for the on-line checkbook, checkbook balancing). Does anyone have a favorite? What is the BEST FREE software. Help Please....
  9. Using libraries as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Using libraries as default: Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default settings. Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd....
  10. Windows 10: Modernizing Financial Services

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Modernizing Financial Services: We launched Windows 10 just over two months ago and adoption has been extremely strong with Windows 10 already running on 110 million devices – a faster adoption rate than Windows 7 or Windows 8. See more about our momentum here. This week at Sibos, we’re meeting with...