Windows 10: Greek Accent in Windows 10

Discus and support Greek Accent in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using a Greek keyboard in Windows 10, the greek accent are not inserted correctly. Instead of having the accent on top of the letter we get 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mariosn920, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Greek Accent in Windows 10

When using a Greek keyboard in Windows 10, the greek accent are not inserted correctly. Instead of having the accent on top of the letter we get 2 accents before the letter - 'α instead of ά

:)

Mariosn920, Oct 19, 2021

2. When you plan to update the touch keyboard to type greek accented letters?

Hi George,

This issue that started after the last Windows 10 update might be caused by software incompatibility. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• How are you accessing the Greek accented letters on touch keyboard before?
    • Are there any error messages displayed when trying to access the Greek accented letters?
    • If possible, can you give us an example screenshot of the Greek accented letters?

Meanwhile, we need to make sure that the Greek keyboard is added on the language settings. To check if the Greek keyboard is added, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Time & Language from the list.
    • Select Region & language in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Languages, make sure that the Greek keyboard is added.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 19, 2021
  3. GeorgeG1 Win User
    When you plan to update the touch keyboard to type greek accented letters?

How are you accessing the Greek accented letters on touch keyboard before?

- With the touch keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Tabpro S windows 10 tablet. Having Greek keyboard selected and pressing for example the η key I had η written on page text. Keeeping pressing the same key I had two graphic choices η and ή (eta accented); pressing
    the ή (accented) I had the ή on text.

This procedure for the writing greek accented letters is the same on all Android and IOS tablets and phones. (And Windows tablets until the last winsows 10 December Update...}

After the last Windows update I 'm still having the graphical choice between η and ή but on the text is written always η.

Are there any error messages displayed when trying to access the Greek accented letters?

- No, no errors displayed.

If possible, can you give us an example screenshot of the Greek accented letters?

- ά ή ί ό ύ Ϋ Ϊ έ and many more.

I have naturally added the greek Kaybord from the settings.

This problem is VERY serious for Greeks with Windows Tablets and I hope for a quick fix from yours excellent Software Engineers.

Thank you for using your time

GeorgeG1, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Greek Accent in Windows 10

Accent when using a Greek keyboard

I want to find the keystrokes to add accents when I am using the Greek keyboard. It is just one accent in Greek. I can get the accent on the ENG keyboard using ctrl + ' but it does not work when I shift to the Greek keyboard

VictorPrior, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Greek Accent in Windows 10

1. Greek Accent in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Greek Accent

2. Where is the greeks/emoji in Win10 Chinese pinyin input method???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the greeks/emoji in Win10 Chinese pinyin input method???: I used to love the default win10 pinyin input, where I type "alpha" and can get "α" in the candidate list. I also get "→" at the fifth candidate if I type "jiantou", or can get "" if I type "xiaoku". After an update of the system a few days ago, I cannot find these special...
  3. Where is the greeks/emoji in Win10 Chinese pinyin input method???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the greeks/emoji in Win10 Chinese pinyin input method???: I used to love the default win10 pinyin input, where I type "alpha" and can get "α" in the candidate list. I also get "→" at the fifth candidate if I type "jiantou", or can get "" if I type "xiaoku". After an update of the system a few days ago, I cannot find these special...
  4. Greek Polytonic Font Accents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek Polytonic Font Accents: I'm having trouble with the Greek font in Windows 10.On my old computer, I had a Greek polytonic font enabled that allowed me to type breathing marks and accents in Greek. I've installed the only Greek font offered in Windows 10 onto my computer, but I can't seem to get it to...
  5. Greek Polytonic Font Accents

Greek Polytonic Font Accents: I'm having trouble with the Greek font in Windows 10.On my old computer, I had a Greek polytonic font enabled that allowed me to type breathing marks and accents in Greek. I've installed the only Greek font offered in Windows 10 onto my computer, but I can't seem to get it to...
  6. Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2: Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2: For example when I press the key sequence <;> and the vowel <a> I get <΄΄α> instead of <ά>The same problem appears also in an Asus running windows 11 Version 21H2....
  7. Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2

Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2: Problem with Greek language accents in windows 10 Version 21H2: For example when I press the key sequence <;> and the vowel <a> I get <΄΄α> instead of <ά>The same problem appears also in an Asus running windows 11 Version 21H2....
  8. Greek Accent in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek Accent in Windows 10: When using a Greek keyboard in Windows 10, the greek accent are not inserted correctly. Instead of having the accent on top of the letter we get 2 accents before the letter - 'α instead of ά...
  9. Greek Accent in Windows 10

Greek Accent in Windows 10: When using a Greek keyboard in Windows 10, the greek accent are not inserted correctly. Instead of having the accent on top of the letter we get 2 accents before the letter - 'α instead of ά...
  10. Accent when using a Greek keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent when using a Greek keyboard: I want to find the keystrokes to add accents when I am using the Greek keyboard. It is just one accent in Greek. I can get the accent on the ENG keyboard using ctrl + ' but it does not work when I shift to the Greek keyboard...