Windows 10: Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?

Discus and support Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, For a customer I need to install a Greek Universal keyboard, but it isn't listed when I download the greek keyboard. Is there another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by remcovreeswijk, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?

Hi everyone,

For a customer I need to install a Greek Universal keyboard, but it isn't listed when I download the greek keyboard. Is there another way to install this Universal greek keyboard? Now I have only Greek 220, 319 and polytoon.

The customer (greek teacher) said that in Windows 7 there was a universal greek keyboard what they used.

So I have searched the whole web but I didn't find any solution. I hope that someone knows a solution for this problem.

Thanks for the help!

Remco

:)

remcovreeswijk, Mar 26, 2019

2. greek keyboard

Hello, thanks for the prompt reply. I just installed the available update for Windows 7, but there is still no choice for a Greek keyboard. I have to say I am extremely dissapointed not being able to write in Greek.

GeorgePsaroulakis, Mar 26, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Using a Greek Keyboard - cannot put in the 'tonos' over a letter!

I'm not familiar with Greek layout, but apparently there are several possibilities... Latin, Greek, Greek 220, Greek 319. Have to select the right layout, or find ; in your layout.

You have all layouts listed and shown here:

docs.microsoft |en-us/globalization/windows-keyboard-layouts

Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?

Polytonic Greek

Step 1: Set the Language.

Click the Start button, then type “Region and Language,” and press Enter.

Under Languages, click Add a language, then type Greek in the search box.

Select Greek.

After that, select Greek under Languages and click Set as default.

Step 2: Add keyboard.

Under Languages, choose Greek and click Option

Under Keyboards, click Add a keyboard.

Then, choose Greek Polytonic.

After you change the language and add the keyboard, you need to Press Windows key + Spacebar (without releasing the Window key, press the spacebar) to switch between installed keyboards (choose Greek Polytonic).

Keyboard shortcuts for international characters

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/keyboa...

Smittychat., Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?

1. Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available? - Similar Threads - Greek Universal Old

2. Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program: Hello,I'm using a third-party program on Windows 10 and I have a huge problem with Greek characters in it.The program is old I think its last version was released back in 1999 - I have no other alternative but there's no need to enter into details.... It's a kind of database...
  3. Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program: Hello,I'm using a third-party program on Windows 10 and I have a huge problem with Greek characters in it.The program is old I think its last version was released back in 1999 - I have no other alternative but there's no need to enter into details.... It's a kind of database...
  4. Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement: I suggest MS add lunate sigma U+03f2 to the Polytonic Greek keyboard. It has an earlier history at least 4thC BCE than the forms of sigma final and other that MS currently includes earliest 1stC CE, but probably only really from 8thC CE. Lunate sigma is less common than other...
  5. Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Polytonic Greek keyboard - suggestion for improvement: I suggest MS add lunate sigma U+03f2 to the Polytonic Greek keyboard. It has an earlier history at least 4thC BCE than the forms of sigma final and other that MS currently includes earliest 1stC CE, but probably only really from 8thC CE. Lunate sigma is less common than other...
  6. Greek polytonic keyboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Greek polytonic keyboard: There is currently no Greek polytonic keyboard available on Windows, for use in typing ancient Greek, only non-polytonic modern Greek. I see this question was asked in 2017, but it still is not available. Are there no plans to add it?...
  7. Accent when using a Greek keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent when using a Greek keyboard: I want to find the keystrokes to add accents when I am using the Greek keyboard. It is just one accent in Greek. I can get the accent on the ENG keyboard using ctrl + ' but it does not work when I shift to the Greek keyboard...
  8. Downloaded Greek office program so could use Greek keyboard.

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloaded Greek office program so could use Greek keyboard.: Now it appears that Greek has taken over just about everything--all instructions in Greek. I am unable to make any changes since my Greek is at very basic level. How can I limit Greek on computer to just the keyboard? I can click on Αγγλικα and get roman letters, but just...
  9. Polytonic Greek

Polytonic Greek: I have added the Greek polytonic keyboard but I cannot seem to get certain characters. I want to be able to add a breathing mark and accent to an individual letter, combining ά and ἀ. Looking at the onscreen keyboard, I can see it is possible to combine some breathing marks...
  10. Ancient Greek - polytonic

Ancient Greek - polytonic: hi, on my old Windows 7 computer I use the' Easy Accent' system for Greek - which is really good, and easy to use. I can't seem to get it to install or work in Windows 10. What should I do to fix this please? thanks...