Windows 10: Green/Black Screen Frequency

Discus and support Green/Black Screen Frequency in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; win10 running on hp spectre x360 13 (Running Chrome usually) Spent too many hours attempting to create usb system recovery drive before I learned that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gsp88, Dec 6, 2018.

1. gsp88 Win User

Green/Black Screen Frequency

win10 running on hp spectre x360 13 (Running Chrome usually)

Spent too many hours attempting to create usb system recovery drive before I learned that is not possible. MS should inform us of such issues in the beginning. Main reason for a backup plan is the frequency of sudden interruptions of green screens on the laptop after nearly three years of flawless software issues. Often goes to black screen and will not boot Have been using same apps on system for all of that time. Used the HP hard restart that worked for a while but that is not solving the problem. Have used MS program compatible software but it leaves me with an older version of Chrome. A restart is a possibility, but I run Excel spreadsheets and a restart earases MS office 265, so that is not acceptable.

Any help with this chronic stoppage problem would be much appreciated.

GSP

:)

gsp88, Dec 6, 2018
  2. kdherr Win User

Green screen and black

Had the same problem and tried all kinds of updates and reinstalls. Finally I fixed it! Typed in Troubleshooting which brought me the control panel. Look to the left and you will see "view all" click on it. When you click view all you will see the whole troubleshooting list. Double click hardware and devices and run the trouble shooter. Mine said something about an out of date driver but ignore that and click next and it will continue to check for problems. It then found "failed to detect hardware changes" it then applied the fix. I am now finally playing videos without green or black screens.!

kdherr, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Green screen and black

I get green and black screen on videos that I play on Edge, why?

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Green/Black Screen Frequency

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Green/Black Screen Frequency

1. Green/Black Screen Frequency - Similar Threads - Green Black Screen

2. Green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green screen: Hi i tried activating the core isolation and after I restart i Get a green screen with the error: System THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.What failed:hswultpep.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/36853e64-ca5a-44ed-82ad-e1def40bda3f
  3. Green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen: My computer randomly crashes to a green screen. It will restart without issue. I am running Windows 10. Any idea how I can track down the cause? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/7f47fec5-556a-4b38-be8e-e4416bf2c57b
  4. how to get rid of this black, yellow, green screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of this black, yellow, green screen: so my screen has been like this for 5 hours and I don't know how to change it back to normal. I need help .-. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-yellow-green-screen/98c1f6cc-f37d-4650-8fef-ce44648b3943
  5. Green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen: So i was playing games on my computer and then it was frozen, i couldnt open anything, soon after, it turned green, all green, i couldnt do anything, cna anyone help?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen/dc60bc4e-d82d-4182-87a0-b6b4dc118c18
  6. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen): Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration...
  7. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  8. Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting to SSD shows black screen with green lines: Hello everyone, I have searched the entire internet for something similar to this problem and haven't found anything, So I decided to post here hoping you guys could help me debug this problem and help other people in the future. My system: 2HDDs 500gb 2.5" i7-4790...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343
  10. Green screen and black

in Windows 10 Support
    Green screen and black: I get green and black screen on videos that I play on Edge, why? 9530