Windows 10: Green Check Marks on Icons?

Discus and support Green Check Marks on Icons? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimIvey, Sep 16, 2020 at 11:37 PM.

1. JimIvey Win User

Green Check Marks on Icons?

Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?

:)

2. PBBldr Win User

Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

Hi,
    Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive?
    If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type.
    Thanks, Paul

3. HughSimon Win User
    In Windows 10 explorer green check mark blocks icon

In Windows 10 explorer a green check mark blocks the icon, not allowing me to see if the document is word, pdf or excel. I know the check indicates it is synced, but how can I avoid the check mark appearing?

4. DaveM121 Win User

Green Check Mark meaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jeff,

They are OneDrive icon overlays . . .

Green check mark indicates files are synced to One Drive, Blue Arrows indicate sync in progress and red X indicates files cannot be synced . . .

Thema:

1. Green Check Marks on Icons? - Similar Threads - Green Check Marks

2. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  3. Check Mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Check Mark: All of a sudden I've been getting these check marks on my desktop Icons. I refresh and they go away but after a few days they come back. Anyone know how to get rid of them permanently? [img] 158719
  4. Green check marks over desktop applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Green check marks over desktop applications: There are little green check marks over most of my desktop applications. The folders, trash, control panel, and this PC applications don’t have the checkmarks. submitted by /u/Kingofcats011 [link] [comments]...
  5. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  6. Check marks on photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Check marks on photos: I just replaced my computer. I had Windows 10 on the old one and on this. Photos now on the desktop have an annoying check mar in the left corner before I open them. How do I get rid of them? I think my older version allowed me to get photo viewer back Doesn't seem available...
  7. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents: I've been reading the issues related to those green check marks in front of saved documents but solutions suggested are not working for me, and now I can't print a financial document - just view - and there is no issue with my printer connectivity because I can print a test...
  8. There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender.: There is no green check mark on the Device Performance & Health tile in the defender. Can anyone provide me some solutions for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/there-is-no-green-check-mark-on-the-device/041308bb-39b9-486e-9161-130c69c0a663
  9. Green checks Annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green checks Annoying: I do not use Norton. I have tried right clicking on desktop and clicked Refresh Desktops the green checks are still there. I rebooted from a cold boot hoping that might solve it. Argh!!! I use Advanced System Care Ultimate for Anti-virus and maintenance. This did not happen...
  10. Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing OneDrive Green Check Mark Icons in Windows 10 file explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if one can remove the green check marks in file explorer that indicate that a file is synced on OneDrive? If one is using list, details or small icon view, there is no way to visually see the file type. Thanks, Paul 33068