Windows 10: Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

Discus and support Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by w7bill, May 28, 2019.

1. w7bill Win User

Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

All,

I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates.

The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with and extended validation cert. Our newest machine does show "correctly".

All PC's are running Win 10 1903 done this weekend (that is when I got re-curious in post update testing). The issue has been so on the desktop and the "old" spare lap-top for a long time. I just got ambitious and started searching "why" when I could not find a resolution but many with the "same issue", I wanted to ask the forum users here if they ever ran across this, and if there is a known reason.

Here are screen shots for clarity
    The new laptop
    Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's [​IMG]

as advertised by MS

The desktop

The old lap-top is same as desk top.

Desktop Win 10 Pro -- New lap-top is Win 10 home and old lap-top is Home version as well.

I am "OK" with them being this way as I mostly use Firefox and it works fine. I built the desktop in 2017 and as far as I can remember it has always been that way. Just want to know if there is a "fix" that is known..

Thanks

:)

w7bill, May 28, 2019

2. EV SSL USERtrust green security bar does not showing in Edge

Please address this issue. This is massive. My website expensive acquired EV SSL green bar is not being displayed in the address bar to instill purchasing confidence to my users. What is going on in your browser? This makes Edge unusable for for making
    payments online.

RaybanMonster, May 28, 2019
  3. EV SSL USERtrust green security bar does not showing in Edge

Does anyone have an answer to this? Syed answered the wrong question. The question was not about the progress bar but about the EV Cert bar. We have a site that does the same thing. We enter the URL in Edge and the URL appears briefly with the EV Cert
    green bar, but that green bar promptly disappears. The site appears correctly with the EV cert in other browser.

Please help!

mikroll(2), May 28, 2019
  4. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

brummyfan, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Green EV indicator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's - Similar Threads - Green indicator address

2. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  3. GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN LINE IN THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T DO THIS. WHY DO YOU FOOLS KEEP WEARING ON OUR NERVES WITH YOU IMPROVEMENTS. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WINDOWS 95. EVERY CHANBGE YOU ASSHJOLES HAVE MADE SINCE THEN...
  4. My input indicator is Missing in the task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My input indicator is Missing in the task bar.: I have tried to turn on in the setting, reinstall the language, ran sfc scan at last tried regedit ctfmon method. All does not work for me. I have found out that, i only can see the input indicator during the app running administration phase, as picture below. Im not sure...
  5. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  6. Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix

in Browsers and Email
    Edge web address bar missing, StartPageAddressBarPinned & New dont fix: Hello, Windows 10 Home, 10.0.10586, Edge 25.10586.0.0 I want a permanent address bar on Edge - it drives me crackers when I have to click at the top to get it. I did a clean install a year ago and did this: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local...
  7. Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's

in Browsers and Email
    Green EV indecator on address bar missing in edge and IE11 on two PC's: All, I have an interesting observation, I have searched this high and low and can find threads with the "same issue" with wide ranging dates. The issue on two out of three PC's in our home fleet In IE11 and Edge "green" indicator id not present for the same web site with...
  8. IE11 address bar suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 address bar suggestions: I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and...
  9. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  10. Stuck on this PC green bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on this PC green bar: https://i.imgur.com/kmYMfQN.jpg Im stuck for some reason cause of windows explorer is still keep freezing on my version of windows 255, 255, 0.882)]64 bit pro (16299.125 build) and if if put something to recylce bin that icon is disapeared Windows 10 64 Bit Pro Right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Green EV indicator missing edge