Windows 10: Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens

Discus and support Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI, I have an issue with my monitor where it flickers tiny green lasers every time it changes frames on the screen. It's best that it's seen how it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dsheck, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Dsheck Win User

Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens

HI,

I have an issue with my monitor where it flickers tiny green lasers every time it changes frames on the screen. It's best that it's seen how it is, so I have a video example to show:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3aghbslfml4gmv/IMG_3064.MOV?dl=0

I changed my HDMI cables already. This issue started happening spontaneously as I was using it one day. I changed some of my monitor's settings ASUS MX279 and then this green stuff started happening. I thought it was just the monitor settings but I did a factory reset to whatever changes I did on my monitor and the issue still persisted. I checked my NVIDIA drivers I have a GTX 1060 and did updates, and it didn't fix it either.

I am trying to rule out what it could possibly be.

Thanks for reading!

:)

Dsheck, Mar 30, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Screen Flickering

Return that card for something else. I've heard of many issues with Asus Direct Cu 7970's. You could try finding a different monitor to see if your monitor is the problem, but I doubt it.

**I though you tried differnet cables. Buy a new cable and try it. Get a Dual Link DVI cable.

Here's a list.

1. Uninstall and reinstall video drivers.

2. Replace cable

3. Try different monitor

4. Try different video card

5. Replace video card.

If you can do any of the steps above, just skip to step #5.

erocker, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Screen Flickering while playing videos and touchpad issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to playing 4K videos on your PC and touchpad not responding properly. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. What is the exact model number of the PC?
    2. Do you face the same flickering issue if you play a full HD video?

Concerning towards the screen flickering query, it could be possible that the PC screen doesn’t support 4K and that might be the reason you are facing the flickering. One of the things that I suggest is to try playing a 1080p (full HD) video and see
    if the same issue occurs.

However, you can also try changing some settings in NVidia Control Panel and see if that helps.

1. Right click on Desktop and click on NVidia Control Panel
    2. Now click on Display > Advanced Desktop color settings.
    3. Now, set the content type to this display as
      Desktop Programs
      or Full Screen Video.
    4. Click on Apply.

Regarding the touchpad issue, you may want to refer the article
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens

1. Green Flickers On Monitor Whenver Video plays or movement happens - Similar Threads - Green Flickers Monitor

2. Monitor flickering only while playing video (using hdmi chord)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor flickering only while playing video (using hdmi chord): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/benataylorr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vosocl/monitor_flickering_only_while_playing_video_using/
  3. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  4. Video flickering playing multiple videos at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video flickering playing multiple videos at once: so, when I'm watching one video on one monitor, say a youtube video, then watch another video on twitch on another monitor, I'm getting cross flashing of the videos on each other.I'm sure I'm not explaining it clearly so I've also posted a video of it here....
  5. Flickering Green Pixels

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flickering Green Pixels: So the other day i noticed my laptop was flickering little green spots and i have no idea on how to tell if the cord is loose or its broken in my laptop Ps. I tried the task manager trick its not the drivers...
  6. Monitors flickering when video chatting

Monitors flickering when video chatting: Hello. I am currently on a video chat via Zoom for my job and my screens are flickering like crazy. It may stop for a few minutes but it is so bad that it is extremely distracting. This has been going on for a few months. Of course, it started after my warranty expired. I...
  7. Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.: Whenever i try to play saved videos, I can only see a green screen and not the actual video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-when-played-have-green-screen-and-not-the/9eaed6b0-a26c-491d-8b81-f40056ab5199
  8. green screen when videos play

green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343