Windows 10: Green/grey tint when connected on TV

Discus and support Green/grey tint when connected on TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My PC is connected with a monitor (DVI) and a TV (HDMI). A while ago i noticed that if i switch the resolution on the TV below 4k, the colours get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Moutro, May 24, 2017.

1. Moutro Win User

Green/grey tint when connected on TV

My PC is connected with a monitor (DVI) and a TV (HDMI). A while ago i noticed that if i switch the resolution on the TV below 4k, the colours get messed up. There's a green or grey tint. Thing that didn't occur earlier. I tried different ports/cable but there's no difference.
    I'm not sure but i think that happened after nvidia drivers update, or at least that's when i noticed that. Since then though i've updated the drivers 3-4 times (382.33 at the moment) but the issue remains. The monitor has no problem. Any ideas?

:)

Moutro, May 24, 2017

2. Poor display when I connect my laptop to the TV

When I connect my laptop to my flat screen tv, the display comes up in a bluish-green tint. The display on the laptop is perfect, it's just the display coming off the tv. When I return to tv mode, the picture is perfect. I checked my computer and tv settings,
    and they appear to be normal. Is any way to resolve this situation?

[Original title: poor display]

russellwoods, May 24, 2017
  3. Nokia C7 Display Defect

Today I've had access to two C7s - one with very bad purple tint and one with no tint whatsoever.

I did a very simple test using the Flashlight app by Offscreen technologies. I placed both phones together and turned all 3 colour sliders on each phone to zero. The display without purple tint was almost completely black but the other one with PT was producing
    a glowing black colour with a slight purple tint to it.

If I then turned up the red and blue sliders on the phone without PT to about 10% leaving the green at about 5% it now looked IDENTICAL to the PT phone which had all it's sliders down to zero. There are two dark grey icons at the top of the screen when this
    app is running and they looked identical on both phones at this point. The colour and the gradient of the grey shading absolutely identical.

Increasing the three sliders on both phones proportionately upwards by a further 10%, both screens continue to look identical to each other. This is still with the green at 5% less than the red and blue.

My conclusion to this is that these displays are identical, or at least they are capable of producing identical images when the colours are calibrated to do so. It looks to me like the phone with the purple tint problem has an offset of 10% on the blue and
    the red and 5% on the green. In other words the blue and red have been turned up by 10% and the green by 5%. This is what then gives rise to the purple tint because the red and blue are more offset than the green. (red & blue = purple)

When I view dark images or videos on this phone that does not have the purple tint problem, even though the colours and gradients look correct, the images look so dim I can hardly see them. What I've concluded from this is that early C7 and N8 displays were
    not bright enough when viewing such material, so the phone hardware was tweaked to make everything look slightly brighter, but in so doing Nokia inadvertantly introduced the purple tinting.

This explains why changing the display hasnt fixed the problem for anyone.

bumblebirra, May 24, 2017
  4. Moutro Win User

I found out that if i change the Hz from 60 to 59 the colours are fine again. Switching back to 60Hz the colours remain fine.
    Anyone that can help me with this?

Moutro, Jun 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Green/grey tint when connected on TV - Similar Threads - Green grey tint

2. screen have green tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen have green tint: my lenovo thinkpad laptop has a green tint to it, it disappears when I restart or put it to sleep but it always comes back, weirdly around the edge is normal and when I screenshot it doesn't have a green tint, it lessens after i use it for a while but its still there, it also...
  3. screen have green tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen have green tint: my lenovo thinkpad laptop has a green tint to it, it disappears when I restart or put it to sleep but it always comes back, weirdly around the edge is normal and when I screenshot it doesn't have a green tint, it lessens after i use it for a while but its still there, it also...
  4. Recurring green tint

Recurring green tint: I am using Windows 10 Pro N on a new MSI B550 Tomahawk and a new M2 SSD and now upgraded to Win11. A couple minutes into use, all monitors receive a green tint, especially to grey areas on both windows versions. I played around with ClearType, Nvidia ControlPanel and other...
  5. Recurring green tint

Recurring green tint: I am using Windows 10 Pro N on a new MSI B550 Tomahawk and a new M2 SSD and now upgraded to Win11. A couple minutes into use, all monitors receive a green tint, especially to grey areas on both windows versions. I played around with ClearType, Nvidia ControlPanel and other...
  6. Recurring green tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Green tint/Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green tint/Screen: Can someone please help me with my screen that have a green tint, i cant do my school work and i can't attend my online classes due to the green tint, the device that i am using is Lenovo IdeaPad S145....
  8. Green tint/Screen

Green tint/Screen: Can someone please help me with my screen that have a green tint, i cant do my school work and i can't attend my online classes due to the green tint, the device that i am using is Lenovo IdeaPad S145....
  9. green tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    green tint: My screen is displaying a green tint. I swapped out the wire, still having the same issue. I followed multiple suggested steps I found in a similar forum. I even tried a few youtube videos. I don't know what to do. The computer functions normal, it just has an awful green...
  10. Monitor has a green tint

Monitor has a green tint: Hi, Sometimes, my screen just randomly starts having a green tint. If I activate night mode and instantly deactivate it again, the tint is gone. If I disable TrueType, the tint doesn't appear anymore. But obviously, without TrueType, text looks crappy. Is there any solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung green and grey tint hdmi