Windows 10: Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using!

Discus and support Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So long story short I know all about the green leaf icon: shuts down programmes you're not using. However, for some reason, every time I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelBrowne3, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using!

So long story short I know all about the green leaf icon: shuts down programmes you're not using. However, for some reason, every time I try to complete this one particular turn on Civ IV, the green leaf appears, next to Civ IV on task manager, and it shuts down.

I've tried clicking off Civ as I've waited for the turn to complete; I've tried staying on Civ; I've tried clicking repeatedly throughout the turn to make it absolutely clear I'm using this programme; I've tried running it as an admin.

I would very much appreciate it if there was some way to temporarily disable the green leaf, because obviously it shouldn't be shutting down this programme... it's a programme I'm using, and yet it shuts it down nonetheless. So given that it's running faulty, temporarily shutting it down seems like the only way I can complete my turn in this game.

:)

MichaelBrowne3, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

Green Leaf Icon?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, what the green leaf icon represents in Task Manager?
    This is the first time I've seen this and I have no idea what it is.

Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using! [​IMG]

Geosammy, Jul 4, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Green Leaf Icon?

Viewing task manager now there are four green leaf icons.
    Hovering over them with the mouse displayed the same message:

Code:
    The icons appeared in the rows for: Microsoft Edge (37) , Cortana (2) , SkypeApp (2), Windows Shell Experience Host

When the down arrow was expanded it displayed rows with suspended.
    For Microsoft Edge there were 21 displaying suspended.

The Microsoft Edge displayed (37) with the green leaf icon.
    However it was not suspending all 37.
    When the down arrow was expanded there were 21 of 37 webpages displaying suspended.

UWP is Universal Windows Platform:
    What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? - Windows UWP applications | Microsoft Docs

zbook, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using!

Green Leaf Icon?

you can go to the task manager and click on the green leaf double click it will then expand. telling you the app is suspended . i have similar aps on google chrome etc i think this is were there coming up with it i have 64 gb ram and i was using half o9n chrome i got a suspender and all the tabs i leave open and not in use they turn white all the cookies etc freeze till i reopen the tab dropping my usage back down to 4 gb with 3 sets of 10 tabbs or more open. i noticed this tool on windows doing the same it is not as good but i think there testing waters with wake up and sleep modes as you freely move about your pc. but soon it will be like a smart house turning on and off as you walk through the auto lights in ur home. or public restroom.

mattgwood23, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using!

1. Green Leaf shutting down a programme I'm using! - Similar Threads - Green Leaf shutting

2. Green Leaf suspension of a program that is not in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Leaf suspension of a program that is not in use: I have been playing games for a long time now. Usually I alt+tab for music or a quick search etc. In singleplayer games suspension of the app that is not in use mostly does not affect in a bad way but in some online games suspension makes the game crash, fps drop etc. Since...
  3. Green Leaf suspension of a program that is not in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Leaf suspension of a program that is not in use: I have been playing games for a long time now. Usually I alt+tab for music or a quick search etc. In singleplayer games suspension of the app that is not in use mostly does not affect in a bad way but in some online games suspension makes the game crash, fps drop etc. Since...
  4. Green Leaf suspension of a program that is not in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Green Leaf suspend process and Photos

Green Leaf suspend process and Photos: Windows 10 I have several pictures open in photos, and according to the Task Manager, it is using 663 MB of RAM. This seems about right as they are rather large. In Task Manager, every few seconds, the green leaf comes up for Photos, and the RAM drops down to almost...
  6. How to stop green leaf from appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop green leaf from appearing: Hi, I wanted to know if there was a way to stop the green leaf to stop appearing on a game I downloaded from Microsoft store. This is because my game launches but then is prevented by the green leaf in task manager to fully launch and it is just in a white screen, unable to...
  7. How to disable the green leaf feature windows 10.

How to disable the green leaf feature windows 10.: Few days ago i updated my windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 since then the green leaf feature happens when i go from to pc for 5 mins or watching a video. It makes my desktop lag, crashes mt internet, my games and everything i use the pc for. Please, i am so sick of the feature....
  8. Green Leaf Being Disabled

Green Leaf Being Disabled: So I use Firefox as my Web Browser. I'll be loading a given page like Gmail for instance. And then presto it crashes. I load up Task Manager to force close and start again . When I see this Green Leaf thing in there. After doing some research it appears to be an auto...
  9. green leaf icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    green leaf icon: how can i disable it? or better yet delete it i dont care what it's supposed to do i know i want it out of my computer its been driving me crazy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-leaf-icon/6f18bedf-c33a-413c-9e31-8431bdef0642
  10. Green Leaf Icon?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green Leaf Icon?: Hi, Can anyone tell me, what the green leaf icon represents in Task Manager? This is the first time I've seen this and I have no idea what it is. [img] 109216