Windows 10: Green Powershell.exe pop-up.

Discus and support Green Powershell.exe pop-up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting a green powershell popup that will not go away after I click on close. I have tried many times. I have run a clean reboot of windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bobo8199, Jun 22, 2021.

1. bobo8199 Win User

Green Powershell.exe pop-up.

I am getting a green powershell popup that will not go away after I click on close. I have tried many times. I have run a clean reboot of windows and it is still happening. Through trial and error I held down esc button for about a minute strait and it closes. I have checked task manager and I dont a have any powershell running that I can see. Im not sure what app is using it or what powershell is trying to stop. I have purchased this computer very recently and have not downloaded any apps except Office.

:)

bobo8199, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows powershell randomly popping up.

Hi Fabian,

Scheduled tasks that use Powershell can cause the Powershell window to appear periodically on your computer. We suggest that you check the Task Scheduler.

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on
      Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

Malware can also cause this issue. We suggest that you use Windows Defender or a third-party security software to scan your system.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Powershell pop up

Powershell keeps popping up when computer starts up. I have tried it on a new account and the pop up did not appear. Do i have to perform a clean boot to resolve the issue?

Green Powershell.exe pop-up. 7e838daf-c5c8-4925-b0ef-fb019b7f8fe8?upload=true.png

Above is a picture of running tasks after i have disabled powershell but it still pops up when computer starts up.

Any suggestions?

LILLY MCDONNELL, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Green Powershell.exe pop-up. - Similar Threads - Green Powershell exe

2. Windows Powershell popping up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Powershell popping up randomly: Hi, powershell opens up randomly and suddenly blends on background. After a minute, it's ram usage goes up from 50MBs to 1.1GB x 2 with multiple processes following up. I have created a crash dump .dmp file. %90 of my task scheduler events are disabled, all the services...
  3. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  4. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  5. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup: This nasty little pop up box appeared straight after the latest update for windows 10. I did this on 24.7.20 The box appears on every start-up when cancelled it reappears for a second time, then stays off until next start up. Apparently its sonic studios there have been...
  7. Powershell pops up at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell pops up at startup: Powershell window pops up on startup and has to be removed via task manager or timeout. It's disabled in the start menu and I cannot delete it. Some posts suggest this indicates a malware infection, but all scans are negative....
  8. PowerShell screen pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell screen pops up: PowerShell screen pops up when I log on. Takes 30 seconds to click it away. Another issue started at the same time. When I try to use a link it takes me to the Edge News page the first time I try. When I retry it gets me there. I shut PowerShell off. It did not work....
  9. SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SS3svc32.exe popping up on startup?: Hi all! So, for the past few days when I start my laptop the file SS3svc32.exe keeps popping up and trying to make changes. It pops up twice (I click no both times) and then stays away until next startup. I looked at the file location and it's with a program 'Sonic Suite 3'...
  10. Windows Powershell pop up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Powershell pop up?: Have had this issue for a some months now but never bothered to report it since it was minor. Randomly, especially when in-game (it'll minimize each time), Powershell opens up. This happens incessantly from time to time. I try to close it but it takes a few seconds, and it...