Windows 10: Green progress bar in File Explorer

Discus and support Green progress bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jshaw42, Nov 18, 2015.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Green progress bar in File Explorer

I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (JGreen progress bar in File Explorer :) Jack" as an example.

How do I stop this? It takes a lot of time, depending on the folder.

:)

jshaw42, Nov 18, 2015
  2. Meep_ Win User

Slow Green progress bar in File Explorer - possible solution

Had this problem on a couple of PC's. What worked for me was hiding the Status Bar in explorer.

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\File Explorer Options

Under the View tab, scroll down and uncheck "Show status bar".

Meep_, Nov 18, 2015
  3. MTCSLtd Win User
    Slow Green progress bar in File Explorer - possible solution

Posted.

Thanks.

MTCSLtd, Nov 18, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

When first pull up File Explorer it starts with Quick Access and in the search bar. Talking when you select This PC and in search bar to the right or middle?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    Very odd. Suddenly it no longer does this. I was going to do a screen shot. But, I guess it's not necessary. Thanks for the thoughts.

jshaw42, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Green progress bar in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Green progress bar

2. File Explorer - Explorer Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Explorer Bar: The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one. Except, I cannot actually resize it. Does anyone know how to remove this? See the below image for what I mean......
  3. I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have the "Working On It" error with the green bar in File Explorer. Sometimes.: Whenever it happens, I'm downloading files using Chrome. And the destination folder is the one hit by the "Working On It" thing. But when the downloads are finished, and I close Chrome, the files suddenly appear with their correct icons and are accessible. Conflict with...
  4. Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders: In Windows 10 When I open a folder I first get a blank screen with a green progress bar across the top and the message "Working On It" I have searched the internet and applied so many suggestions as a fix, but none of them stop the issue. From what I have seen, this has...
  5. file explorer progress bar

file explorer progress bar: I am having two problems: PS C:\Users\mina> net view net : System error 1231 has occurred. At line:1 char:1 + net view + ~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (System error 1231 has occurred.:S tring) [], RemoteException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...
  6. File Explorer Slow Loading Green Bar - Real solution finally found

File Explorer Slow Loading Green Bar - Real solution finally found: Since microsoft, after untold years, still can't explain or fix this idiotic failure, I finally found a solution. Trust me, all the index tweaks, etc etc etc don't work. I tried everything, exhaustively. You just need to dump POS file explorer. There's a program called...
  7. Blue progress bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue progress bars: Hey there, Did anyone find a workaround to use the blue progressbars—instead of the default green—like we had in Win 7? Thanks, 61042
  8. Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer search has that slow green bar: I use the WindowsKey-E to bring up File Explorer (FE). I want to search for something in indexed locations. FE comes up with "This PC" in the "where to search" bar. That's fine... that's what I want. When I type something in, I get the slow green bar coming across. I don't...
  9. Windows explorer very slow (green bar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer very slow (green bar): My windows explorer used to be very fast. Then I tried to decompress a zip file, and cancel it. Now it is very slow. symptoms: -When I press (Windows)+E nothing happens until some minutes later (before it opened winosw explorer instantly) -when explorer is open I...
  10. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death: When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 green bars FILE EXPLORER

2. windows 10 file explorer green bar

3. file explorer green bar

4. file explorer my documents green progress,
  5. file explorer green bar forever,
  6. slow green progress bar in file explorer,
  7. green progress bar in file explorer,
  8. how to change green progress bar in windows 10,
  9. windows explorer progress bar,
  10. green progress bar explorer,
  11. why is microsoft file manager showing a green progress bar,