Windows 10: Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders

Discus and support Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 When I open a folder I first get a blank screen with a green progress bar across the top and the message "Working On It" I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by timb12957, Jan 4, 2019.

1. timb12957 Win User

Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders

In Windows 10 When I open a folder I first get a blank screen with a green progress bar across the top and the message "Working On It"

I have searched the internet and applied so many suggestions as a fix, but none of them stop the issue.

From what I have seen, this has been a problem for a very long time for many people.

Is there no REAL solution to this MICROSOFT???????

:)

timb12957, Jan 4, 2019

2. How to make green progress operate at normal speed in Windows Explorer?

The "green progress bar" is only an animation the Windows uses to tell the user that it' working. I've never seen it actually related to the duration before the Explorer window become operational.

When you open a folder with images, what happens while that progress bar is filling, is that Explorer is fetching for each file the associated thumbnail, or reading the file to create the thumbnail if it wasn't found.

The easiest (and to my knowledge, only) way to disable that is by switching to a folder view where no thumbnail is displayed, such as List or Details.

Nathan.Eilisha Shiraini, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Green bar

Hi,

I realize that you are facing slow performance issue in your Windows 10 system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• When you say “I am getting a green bar across the top of all my windows”, are you referring to the loading green progress bar?

• What is the make and model of your system?

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Delete Cache and Cookie from Internet Explorer.

• Press Windows key + R key, type
      inetcpl.cpl and press Enter key.

• Click on Delete.

• Check the first four options and click on
      Delete option.

Step 2: Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all in the left panel.

• Find and click on Internet Explorer Performance.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to provide the screenshot of the issue you are facing.

Refer to the below link to attach screen shot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 4, 2019
  4. MTCSLtd Win User

Slow Green progress bar in File Explorer - possible solution

I've had a problem with File Explorer since upgrading to Windows 10, where I get a green progress bar that crawls along slowly, delaying the results of folder display such as the Download and Documents folders. It could take up to a minute before the folders
    would display.

I tried many different things as possible solutions that I'd found when searching the web:

• SFC
    • DISM
    • various options in File Explorer

Nothing worked for me.

I then thought perhaps there's a problem with the indexing. I was about to rebuild the index under the control panel\Indexing\Advanced options, but by chance went into the Modify option which looks at indexed locations.

Here I noticed there were pointers to my D: drive to a series of folders which are not there any more. They appeared to be from an old user profile, with a comment beside them saying 'Unavailable'. I unticked these, clicked OK to save the changes, then restarted
    File Exlorer and found that I no longer get the slow green progress bar when I go into my Downloads and Documents folders.

I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 8.1. I don't recall if I had this problem with Windows 8.1, but I think I probably did. Also, I used to re-direct my Documents and other personal folders to D\:username, but now I redirect them to D:\Users\username,
    and think somehow the old location was remembered by Search.

It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

MTCSLtd, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders - Similar Threads - Green progress bar

2. Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?: Is there any option, such as a registry tweak or an app, that would show some kind of progress bars or notification when opening a program or accessing a file? I'd like to have this as an option when accessing my other PCs through network shares, since I don't like copying...
  3. Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?: Is there any option, such as a registry tweak or an app, that would show some kind of progress bars or notification when opening a program or accessing a file? I'd like to have this as an option when accessing my other PCs through network shares, since I don't like copying...
  4. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  5. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  6. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. View progress of RAID1 synchronisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View progress of RAID1 synchronisation: HI everone,is there a way to view the progress of a software RAID1 sync on Win10?All I see is this "Synchronisation is repeated" and the taskmanager shows roughly 300mb/s of storage access for the "System"-Process. Syncing the whole HDD should therefore take roughly 15h. But...
  8. Green Screen when viewing any videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green Screen when viewing any videos: Hello, I have been experiencing some issues with my new AERO 15 X laptop. Whenever i view any kind of video on my laptop, it plays in a green screen, but the audio is fine. I have tried updating my graphics driver, but does not work. I do not want to disable hardware...
  9. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...
  10. Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders: With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful. Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear? 36222

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why an I getting a green progress bar across my documents

2. green bar working on it