Windows 10: Green ribbon of death on W10

Discus and support Green ribbon of death on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, the problem begins when image/video thumbnails disappear, so, we can just see the icons. Then, if you open a folder, some folders inside haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RogellParadox, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Green ribbon of death on W10

Well, the problem begins when image/video thumbnails disappear, so, we can just see the icons. Then, if you open a folder, some folders inside haven't icons, as some files. To finish the problem, Files Explorer gets a green ribbon of death: can't load at all.
    It doesn't happen everytime. Sometimes I thought it could be an update (there's a Windows Defender update almost everyday, it doesn't show up in the Updates tab and I think it's actually the same as from one week ago. It doesn't say it has been sucessfully installed, then, I don't know...), but I reseted the PC and it didn't show up any updates at all..

Someome getting this problem?

:)

RogellParadox, Dec 16, 2015
  2. rlaycock Win User

File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Where is the command to keep the ribbon OPEN? So damned annoying to have to hit View. W10 is a f'g nightmare.

rlaycock, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update fries Pc shock!

This was not really a solution as I have a green screen of death.

torch1ight, Dec 16, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Green ribbon of death on W10

Not having same problem but Files Explorer get's pretty slow sometimes despite SSD, printers and devices too. Your problems might be because of disk corruption or some errors on it. Maybe you should check it properly, SMART and for bad sectors. If it's HDD defraging may help too.

CountMike, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Well, my C partition was OK, but D no.
    Maybe could be it, even if D is not the partition for OS?

RogellParadox, Dec 16, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Well, when you open File Explorer it has to read all the disks and partitions.

CountMike, Dec 16, 2015
  7. Ok, I did it and I'm still having the problem :T

RogellParadox, Dec 24, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Could you run the following command: "sfc /scannow" (without parenthesis) and tell us what it reports ?

WIN key + x then "Command Prompt (Admin)

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 24, 2015
  9. Well, it says
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"
    I've put the CBS.Log in Mega, as if you want to take a look.
    MEGA

After some installs, it was OK, but I still had that problem

RogellParadox, Dec 24, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Try running these in sequence from a Elevated Command Prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

If you get unable to locate source then follow Kyhi's directions here, including the download offered.
    repair an online Windows image

Ztruker, Dec 24, 2015
  11. RogellParadox, Dec 24, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    What iso did you use? Where did you get it? Try again using a download from Tech Bench perhaps?

Ztruker, Dec 25, 2015
  13. Green ribbon of death on W10

I got exatcly from Windows' website.

RogellParadox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Green ribbon of death on W10 - Similar Threads - Green ribbon death

2. Green screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen of death: I just updated my PC and then it started, it shows internal window user has a problem and needs to reboot,Stopcode: critical process deadPlease help, I am facing a lot of problems...
  3. Green Bar of Death

Green Bar of Death: I could never find a straight answer on here, so posting my fix in case this helps anyone! For me, I noticed when File Explorer was hanging on the green bar, in Task Manager it was OneDrive using like 30% of the CPU. I had already disabled OneDrive as best I could through...
  4. Green ribbon and slow windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Green ribbon and slow windows explorer: Every time I open windows explorer it locks up my whole PC for several minutes while it does *something* that involves a green status ribbon filling the address bar. If I leave it sitting on "This PC" it sometimes does it again and again. I do not care what service Windows...
  5. Green Screen of Death.

Green Screen of Death.: So yesterday, I installed Windows Insider on my Lenovo Thinkpad T440p and now today its stuck in some sort of boot loop constantly prompting for keyboard info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen-of-death/590bf3f1-7807-4fb5-b9c8-1a9b7d5eef84
  6. Green Screen Of Death

Green Screen Of Death: Green Screen of Death usually appears in my system... although i had uninstalled all the recent updates. What should i do kindly suggest me solutions TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-screen-of-death/f88c56fb-e23d-4785-8a85-57a7227c73ce
  7. Green screen of death

Green screen of death: I have just updates my pc and then it started, this is showing window insider built run into problem and needs to restart, Stopcode: Critical process died Please help i am facing many issues...
  8. Green screen of death

Green screen of death: Since the Insider preview download of Windows 10 I have had the green screen of death, I cannot uninstal the update, I can't restore as all my restore points have been removed, updates tells me there's been an error and won't allow me to do anything and to add the finishing...
  9. I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time

in Windows 10 Support
    I am experiencing the green ribbon of death for the first time: I got a brand new laptop a couple months ago (Dell I558 with Windows 10) and am experiencing the green ribbon of death. It only started happening in the past two weeks when I plug in a new 2tb external which is almost full now (got it a month ago). What do I need to check to...
  10. File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Green Ribbon of Death: When I first upgraded to W10, File Explorer worked as it did in W7. Now when I open it I see a blank preview section and the forever expanding green ribbon in the ribbon bar. I tried checking Always show Icons, never thumbnails and the green ribbon finally finishes. But not...