Windows 10: Green screen for videos

Discus and support Green screen for videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure how long ago I updated my computer, but I want to say about a month maybe less than that I tried to watch a video on Youtube and I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonah736, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Jonah736 Win User

Green screen for videos

I'm not sure how long ago I updated my computer, but I want to say about a month maybe less than that I tried to watch a video on Youtube and I could only see a green screen and hearwhatwas being said in the video. So I did some research and found out you could disable hardware acceleration through Google Chrome and it worked just fine after that. Then I discovered that it happened with my discord app. I tried to disabled the hardware acceleration and it seemed to work just fine after that. Now recently I wanted to get back on Netflix and I had the same issue with it there as well. My only problem is that they don't have an enable/disable hardware acceleration option. I've updated all drivers for my computer. I have no updates for Windows. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix. No updated version of Flashplayer. I've even uninstalled my display adapters (Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti). I've been trying to fix this for almost a week now.

:)

Jonah736, Dec 23, 2018

2. green screens

Since I upgraded to windows 10. I'm getting green screens on IE, Firefox, Microsoft edge videos and on some movie apps. But not on Google Chrome.I have tried all the community step by step suggestive, instructions. But the problem is still there. I understood
    that Microsoft is having some issues with windows 10. Is that a fact? .

anthonypopwell, Dec 23, 2018
  3. PatM.YV. Win User
    Getting green screen on Facebook videos

OT- Green Screen

Hey, my green screen problems are common except that I only get green screen on Facebook videos. One or two will work, then BAM green screen. No green screen on any other programs or sites. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Pat

PatM.YV., Dec 23, 2018
  4. Green screen for videos

Green screen

Hi Nancy,

The issue you are experiencing may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• What were you doing when you encountered the green screen?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you also getting any error messages when experiencing the green screen? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Green screen for videos

1. Green screen for videos - Similar Threads - Green screen videos

2. videos display as a green screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    videos display as a green screen: Just in the last month, video player on certain videos provides audio but I am only seeing a green screen. I have exhausted what I know to try to fix the problem....
  3. Green screen when watching a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  4. green screen when videos play

green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...
  5. Green screen videos

Green screen videos: I've recently downloaded the new version of Windows, and since then I've been getting this issue where other than chrome because I turned off Hardware acceleration. Every other apps have green screen when I play videos. For example like instagram. i need help a respond will...
  6. Xbox DVR Green Screen Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox DVR Green Screen Video: When I get onto my Xbox App on Windows 10, I cannot watch any DVRs; mine or anyone else's. I can hear the playback, however I only get a green screen in the video. Cannot for the love of god find anyone else who has had this problem. Just to clarify - I am not talking...
  7. green screen on videos after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    green screen on videos after update: After an automatic windows update videos like on youtube have a green screen but good audio. I tried both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. I searched the community and tried various suggestions and nothing. All video drivers were said to be current. Thanks....
  8. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen): Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343