Windows 10: Green tick symbol on desktop icons

Discus and support Green tick symbol on desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please? 128510 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by devdeep60, Mar 8, 2019.

1. devdeep60 Win User

Green tick symbol on desktop icons

Hi
    I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please?

:)

devdeep60, Mar 8, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?

RushilJalal, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Green tick symbol on desktop icons

New Windows 10 computer DESKTOP ICONS bizarre symbols that constantly change to 6 different symbols

Brand New Win. 10 computer.

I run Carbonite as cloud.

My desktop icons rotate and fluctuate between:

(I am not kidding)

1. no symbols (just the icon)

2. a large W (like word)

3. green dot (like the normal Carbonite indicator)

4. green check mark

5. Up arrow

6. gray X symbol.

Any suggestions?

LyndaC.petmom, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Green tick symbol on desktop icons

1. Green tick symbol on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Green tick symbol

2. Azure AD Joined machine missing green ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Azure AD Joined machine missing green ticks on desktop icons: We've just started using Autopilot to join machines to Azure AD. The machines are NOT in the on-premise Active Directory and are not joined to our local domain. There's one odd thing that we've seen and that is the green ticks on the desktop icons are not present when looking...
  3. Azure AD Joined machine missing green ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD Joined machine missing green ticks on desktop icons: We've just started using Autopilot to join machines to Azure AD. The machines are NOT in the on-premise Active Directory and are not joined to our local domain. There's one odd thing that we've seen and that is the green ticks on the desktop icons are not present when looking...
  4. Azure AD Joined machine missing green ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?: Hello,Lately I am seeing some prefix Blick Tick ">>" on all the files Specially on all document files like PDF, Excel, world etcMay you please let me know how to remove this?...
  6. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?: Hello,Lately I am seeing some prefix Blick Tick ">>" on all the files Specially on all document files like PDF, Excel, world etcMay you please let me know how to remove this?...
  7. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Desktop shortcut icon turned into some weired green tick signs

Desktop shortcut icon turned into some weired green tick signs: My kid brother tried to did something in control panel to open some kind of port thing in window defender firewall, and some shortcut files icon turned into weird green tick signs...
  9. Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.: I am aware this issue has come up many times before, but: 1 I can't find a resent post on the topic. 2 None of the solutions I've found work. 3 I have some more specific information that may help identify the problem. First, what I've tried. 1 Refreshing the desktop...
  10. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc desktop icons with tick symbol

2. green tick has appeared on my icons and they wont open

3. green tick on word icon in SharePoint

4. what is the green tick in the corner of desktop icon,
  5. where is the tick symbol on windows 10,
  6. what is the green tick on my icons,
  7. tick on word app on desk top ,
  8. windows on arm icon checkmarks,
  9. bluvk tick on windowx icon on dekstop,
  10. onedrive green tick symbols on my pc,
  11. green tick windows 10,