Windows 10: Green tick symbol on desktop icons

Discus and support Green tick symbol on desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please? 128510 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by devdeep60, Mar 8, 2019.

1. devdeep60 Win User

Green tick symbol on desktop icons

Hi
    I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please?

:)

devdeep60, Mar 8, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?

RushilJalal, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Green tick symbol on desktop icons

New Windows 10 computer DESKTOP ICONS bizarre symbols that constantly change to 6 different symbols

Brand New Win. 10 computer.

I run Carbonite as cloud.

My desktop icons rotate and fluctuate between:

(I am not kidding)

1. no symbols (just the icon)

2. a large W (like word)

3. green dot (like the normal Carbonite indicator)

4. green check mark

5. Up arrow

6. gray X symbol.

Any suggestions?

LyndaC.petmom, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Green tick symbol on desktop icons

1. Green tick symbol on desktop icons - Similar Threads - Green tick symbol

2. OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared: Hello, I upgraded my computer to the latest slow ring but ever since the green ticks on Quick Access for OneDrive disappeared. [img] How do I restore the green ticks. Thank you. 128423
  3. OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green tick quick access disappeared: Hello, I upgraded my computer to the latest slow ring but ever since the green ticks on Quick Access for OneDrive disappeared. [img] How do I restore the green ticks. Thank you. 128423
  4. Desktop symbol placement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  5. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  6. green leaf icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    green leaf icon: how can i disable it? or better yet delete it i dont care what it's supposed to do i know i want it out of my computer its been driving me crazy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-leaf-icon/6f18bedf-c33a-413c-9e31-8431bdef0642
  7. Green Leaf Icon?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green Leaf Icon?: Hi, Can anyone tell me, what the green leaf icon represents in Task Manager? This is the first time I've seen this and I have no idea what it is. [img] 109216
  8. Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?: Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? It's not the first time I've seen them they stay for hours and then go away eventually. Thank you in advance. [img] 73913
  9. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?: I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is? 13425
  10. Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10: I got a new computer running Windows 10, when I got it, it had these green checkmarks. I don't have Norton so that cant be the problem. Please help. [img] 103789