Windows 10: Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps

Discus and support Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 updated, my personalised desktop background was gone and when I tried to choose the jpeg file a message came up saying this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaBenidir, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps

After Windows 10 updated, my personalised desktop background was gone and when I tried to choose the jpeg file a message came up saying this file cannot be accessed by the system. This message had come up with many photos and documents. I can't access my apps on my desktop and there is a green tick mark in a circle on the left side of my icons and documents.

How can I resolve this? My Virus check says there are no threats so what can I do? Please help...

:)

MariaBenidir, Jun 17, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
  3. PhilDavis Win User
    Green tick symbol on desktop icons

Green ticks appear when Onedrive is running. Exit One drive and the ticks disappear. Check for Onedrive icon on taskbar it may be set to start when windows starts. It has something to do with syncing files.

PhilDavis, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps

Icons Green tick and r r

Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps 17006ddb-424e-4a45-8ba0-5788c7d7dbb6.jpg

I understand that the green tick is related to the one drive but I notice now that some of my folders and files now have RR or R or just the green tick, does anyone know if this is this something else that is related to OneDrive or is this another application?

I don't really understand the point of these icon overlays when their meaning is not prominently documented. Even trying to find out information about one drive's green tick is not straight forward, surely if they are going to be used then a right click
    and properties should have a section that informs the user as to what they refer to.

Martin C Day, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps

1. Green ticks on my icons and can't open jpeg files and other apps - Similar Threads - Green ticks icons

2. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  3. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  4. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Photo app won't open JPEG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app won't open JPEG files: I am trying to open JPEG files in the photo app and I get an error message that this file format is not supported. How do I fix that? Same thing happens with photoviewer or photo gallery...
  6. Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.

Another green tick overlays on desktop icons question.: I am aware this issue has come up many times before, but: 1 I can't find a resent post on the topic. 2 None of the solutions I've found work. 3 I have some more specific information that may help identify the problem. First, what I've tried. 1 Refreshing the desktop...
  7. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  8. Opening JPEG files

Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. Green tick symbol on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Green tick symbol on desktop icons: Hi I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please? 128510
  10. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...