Windows 10: Green tint on screen after March 28 updates

Discus and support Green tint on screen after March 28 updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on 1909, and after the last couple of Quality Updates, installed on 03/28 (KB4551762 and KB4537572), every time I turn on or restart my PC, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EeK09, Mar 30, 2020.

1. /u/EeK09 Win User

Green tint on screen after March 28 updates

I'm on 1909, and after the last couple of Quality Updates, installed on 03/28 (KB4551762 and KB4537572), every time I turn on or restart my PC, my display has a green tint, as if the HDMI bandwidth has exceeded what's supported by the panel (I've seen it happen when trying to run older games supersampled to 8K, with YCbCr422/10 or 12 bpc - fixed by switching to RGB/8 bpc).

My display is an LG OLED C9 (which offers native 4K@60Hz or 1440p@120Hz), and my GPU is a 2080 Ti, running the latest drivers (445.78). I checked the Nvidia Control Panel after booting, and noticed that Windows was defaulting to the first TV resolution of the list, under "Ultra HD, HD, SD": 4k x 2k, 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz, with YCbCr422 and 12 bpc as the color format and depth, respectively.

The actual native resolution, added via CRU (Custom Resolution Utility), is listed under "PC": 3840 x 2160 (native), at 66Hz. I made sure to include it at the top slot in CRU, under "Detailed resolutions", in order to truly make it the native res and the one to which Windows defaults after booting, which worked perfectly fine until a few days ago.

After the March 28 updates, Windows started defaulting to the incorrect (non-native) res, which is still technically supported and shouldn't be causing any issues. In fact, switching the resolution/refresh rate and color format/depth after the initial boot causes the green tint to disappear and the image to be displayed correctly. Switching back to the initial default settings set by Windows does not cause the issue to occur again.

Any ideas as to what's going on and a possible, definitive fix?

submitted by /u/EeK09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EeK09, Mar 30, 2020
  2. LauraCan Win User

green tint

My screen is displaying a green tint. I swapped out the wire, still having the same issue. I followed multiple suggested steps I found in a similar forum. I even tried a few youtube videos. I don't know what to do. The computer functions normal, it just
    has an awful green tint. Any suggestions?

LauraCan, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Green tinted Asus ROG Strix laptop screen issue

After I had updated the first Windows update in my ASUS ROG STRIX 503, the monitor (i. e., laptop screen) started showing some unwanted results.

It has a light green tint on the surface.
    It starts after the boot, just after the windows loads all its files and will be on for the rest of the usage.

It is really annoying and disturbing while using the laptop. I got a major bug for buying a gaming PC. They refused to include in warranty so I have to solve the problem.

Note: It is in perfect condition and it's age is just 1.5 months.
    I have searched for the green tint, but updating drivers doesn't help me in any manner.

This could be a problem of Windows, since it doesn't show up in ubuntu.

Green Screen Tint Image:

Green tint on screen after March 28 updates U66bu.jpg

With all colours:

Green tint on screen after March 28 updates 9KBMy.jpg

You can get this (Original Image):

Green tint on screen after March 28 updates Bn5NP.jpg

How can I solve the green tinted Asus ROG Strix laptop screen issue?

Alluri Vamsi, Mar 30, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

All of a sudden Monitor has green tint on new Inspiron 3470

Worked on brand new Inspiron 3470 yesterday Windows 10 Pro updated when I powered on and all was fine, today I powered on and the screen has a green tint all over and the display resolution had changed! *Mad

I have not altered any display customizations.
    I have been able to restore the screen resolution but cannot get rid of the green tint on the screen!!!
    I have restored to a previous restore point and uninstalled the Windows Updates installed yesterday but the screen still has a green tint!
    Any help would be most appreciated.

scopio, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Green tint on screen after March 28 updates - Similar Threads - Green tint screen

2. screen have green tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen have green tint: my lenovo thinkpad laptop has a green tint to it, it disappears when I restart or put it to sleep but it always comes back, weirdly around the edge is normal and when I screenshot it doesn't have a green tint, it lessens after i use it for a while but its still there, it also...
  3. screen have green tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen have green tint: my lenovo thinkpad laptop has a green tint to it, it disappears when I restart or put it to sleep but it always comes back, weirdly around the edge is normal and when I screenshot it doesn't have a green tint, it lessens after i use it for a while but its still there, it also...
  4. screen have green tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix half Green Tint on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix half Green Tint on Screen: my laptop suddenly got half tint in the screen while im just doing my work i saw glitches first after that i got half screen. the top is normal but down is not any idea how to fix this issue??...
  6. Fix half Green Tint on Screen

Fix half Green Tint on Screen: my laptop suddenly got half tint in the screen while im just doing my work i saw glitches first after that i got half screen. the top is normal but down is not any idea how to fix this issue??...
  7. Green tint/Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green tint/Screen: Can someone please help me with my screen that have a green tint, i cant do my school work and i can't attend my online classes due to the green tint, the device that i am using is Lenovo IdeaPad S145....
  8. Green tint/Screen

Green tint/Screen: Can someone please help me with my screen that have a green tint, i cant do my school work and i can't attend my online classes due to the green tint, the device that i am using is Lenovo IdeaPad S145....
  9. Fix Green Tint on Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Green Tint on Screen: Hello, Recently I have developed a green tint on the monitor, all white areas have a green hue to them, any idea how to cure this problem please? Appreciate your help...
  10. green tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    green tint: My screen is displaying a green tint. I swapped out the wire, still having the same issue. I followed multiple suggested steps I found in a similar forum. I even tried a few youtube videos. I don't know what to do. The computer functions normal, it just has an awful green...