Windows 10: Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

Discus and support Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded this open source capture app, Greenshot. It never fully installed. I can't open it, nor remove it. I constantly receive the message 'an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by allancappe, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

I downloaded this open source capture app, Greenshot. It never fully installed. I can't open it, nor remove it. I constantly receive the message 'an instance of Greenshot is already running'

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Allan

:)

allancappe, Oct 21, 2020

2. Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

Hello,

I recently downloaded Greenshot for taking screenshots, and I wanted to change that to the default image viewer, instead of the default Photo Viewer, but it does not show up at all. I tried looking for 'Greenshot' in Microsoft Store, but it's not there.
    So, is there any way to change it to the default photo viewer? P.S. I tried uninstalling, and then reinstalling the program, and it's still not showing up. I also tried changing it to Greenshot with the 'Choose default apps by file type' option, but Greenshot
    still does not want to show up in the list. I don't know what to do anymore. Although, if I open up a .jpg/.png etc. file from the 'Open With...' option, then it shows up, but I have to search for the application on my PC, so I don't think it's still the 'main'
    app for viewing/opening photos.

Can someone please help me out?

teeendee00, Oct 21, 2020
  3. canbeiro Win User
    Enable OCR in Greenshot

The method presented above indeed works, but, for now, the OCR it makes is poor. Follows an example:

<br/>

Step 1) I made a Greenshot's OCR of the following screen capture :

Captured Image with Text

The result was : <br/>
    Hosted Wths <br/>
    Language Setbrigs Tool

<br/>

Step 2) Using 'Abbyy Screenshot Reader', that I had already instaled, I made an OCR of the same capture.

The result was perfect: <br/>
    Hosted Webs <br/>
    Language Settings Tool

<br/>

Conclusion : <br/>
    => No errors with 'Abbyy Screenshot Reader' against <br/>
    => 5 errors in 33 letters with the Microsoft's OCR used by Greenshot. <br/>
    IMHO, it is well worth to install Abby Fine Reader version 11 only to get access to the included 'Abbyy Screenshot Reader'.

PS: But I also love Greenshot for image capture. So that I have donated some to the developers. Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running :) Greenshot is by far the best screen capture software I have used, and I use this kind of software for decades, and from time to time I searched better options. Now, I feel no need to search again.

canbeiro, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

How do I reassign Prtscrn to another program such as Greenshot

Hi Bill,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• What program is assigned to the Print Screen key?
    • Have you tried relaunching Greenshot?
    • Are you getting any error message when assigning the program to the key? If yes, kindly send us a screenshot
    • What are the steps that you have done regarding about this concern?

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

1. Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running - Similar Threads - Greenshot capture app

2. C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running: Hello, Whenever i boot my laptop This Thing called C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXE pops up and it took me some time to see what it said but it said an instance of the service is already running can someone help?...
  3. C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running: Hello, Whenever i boot my laptop This Thing called C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXE pops up and it took me some time to see what it said but it said an instance of the service is already running can someone help?...
  4. Can you please make Snipping Tool more like Greenshot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please make Snipping Tool more like Greenshot?: My company recently made Snipping Tool the default screenshot software. Previously, I used Greenshot for all of my screenshots and was completely satisfied. Unlike Snipping Tool, Greenshot had a blur tool, a number tool allowed me to add #'s to screenshots - helpful when...
  5. Can you please make Snipping Tool more like Greenshot?

Can you please make Snipping Tool more like Greenshot?: My company recently made Snipping Tool the default screenshot software. Previously, I used Greenshot for all of my screenshots and was completely satisfied. Unlike Snipping Tool, Greenshot had a blur tool, a number tool allowed me to add #'s to screenshots - helpful when...
  6. OneDrive settings + GreenShot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive settings + GreenShot: https://getgreenshot.org/faq/my-prntscreen-key-no-longer-works-with-greenshot/I could not find the Onedrive setting to disable settings as suggested by Greensot what I want is the Prtscr button should be claimed by Greensot, not one drive.This is a Windows 11. Thanks....
  7. OneDrive settings + GreenShot

OneDrive settings + GreenShot: https://getgreenshot.org/faq/my-prntscreen-key-no-longer-works-with-greenshot/I could not find the Onedrive setting to disable settings as suggested by Greensot what I want is the Prtscr button should be claimed by Greensot, not one drive.This is a Windows 11. Thanks....
  8. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  9. ShareX vs. Greenshot 2020 (Please read text below)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ShareX vs. Greenshot 2020 (Please read text below): submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/in4f1v/sharex_vs_greenshot_2020_please_read_text_below/
  10. Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.

Greenshot not appearing in Default Apps Settings, Photos section.: Hello, I recently downloaded Greenshot for taking screenshots, and I wanted to change that to the default image viewer, instead of the default Photo Viewer, but it does not show up at all. I tried looking for 'Greenshot' in Microsoft Store, but it's not there. So, is there...