Windows 10: Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking

Discus and support Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Proposing thatb solution is to undertake a repair install the malfunction does not allow me to enter any keys so i find or download the relevant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Declan O Mahony, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking

Proposing thatb solution is to undertake a repair install the malfunction does not allow me to enter any keys so i find or download the relevant installation software - is there any alternatives way to undertake this action?

:)

Declan O Mahony, Jun 27, 2020

2. "Greg" Pop Up

Hello,

The pop up message that you're getting can be due to the GREG program installed in your device. For us to check and verify, we can uninstall the program. Follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search field at the taskbar. Click on
      Control Panel
      in the results.
    • Select Programs.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for GREG in the list of your programs.
    • Once located, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
    • Check if the issue has been corrected.

Update us on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 27, 2020
  3. About startup problem

Hi Jay,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did you upgrade to Windows 10?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following the above steps.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking

sticking letters

Hi Cheryl,

We'd like to know more information for us to assist you better with this sticking letters issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start noticing this issue?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter? If you haven't, we suggest following the methods below:
    Method 1. Try to run the hardware and device troubleshooter .
    Follow the below steps.

1. Press windows + X key then go to the Control Panel.
    2. Search for troubleshooting then click on hardware and device.

3. Under hardware and device click Configure a device.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2. Try to uninstall and install latest keyboard drivers in compatibility mode from manufacturer site and check.

Follow the below steps to install in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on driver installation file and select Troubleshoot in compatibility mode and check in the Run this program in compatibility mode.

2. Tap or click the drop down box and select the operating system, then tap or click OK.
    3. Try installing the driver and check.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking

1. Greg Cormack replied to a question about control key sticking - Similar Threads - Greg Cormack replied

2. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  3. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  4. just a reply to Greg Carmack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just a reply to Greg Carmack: this is to tell you that the option was no there because i was not an admin but now i am so i m sorry for wasting your time. i hope you'll forgive me.to great greg carmacki did this because i didn't found you email anywhere...
  5. just a reply to Greg Carmack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just a reply to Greg Carmack: this is to tell you that the option was no there because i was not an admin but now i am so i m sorry for wasting your time. i hope you'll forgive me.to great greg carmacki did this because i didn't found you email anywhere...
  6. Greg Carmack - Reply to "how to disable WSD in control panel" Question - Need Help That...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Greg Carmack - Reply to "how to disable WSD in control panel" Question - Need Help That...: Greg Carmack -Would welcome your help with steps outlined in your reply to RossRester's question about 'how to disable WSD in control panel - Microsoft Community." Like others, I can't connect to or keep stable connections to my printers due to MS-controlled driver changes....
  7. REPLY TO GREG

in Windows 10 Customization
    REPLY TO GREG: I LOOKED UNDER APPS ON THE LAPTOP AND THE APPS ARE NOT THERE. I COULD NOT FOLLOW THE SCREEN SHOT STEPS. WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL AN APP THAT IS ALREADY ON MY TABLET IT SAYS "INSTALLED" AND TO THE LEFT SAYS THAT THIS APP IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR DEVICE. I CLICK ON THAT IT THE ONLY...
  8. Question about activation keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activation keys: Im about to finish buliding my first pc, and i was looking for a cheaper method of getting the keys (i don't want to pay 100$+) where should i get cheap keys from? And are those websites trusted and safe? Or is there a way to get free keys? submitted by /u/hot_dwag [link]...
  9. Greg Carmack reply to my SDHC card question, I lost his response

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Greg Carmack reply to my SDHC card question, I lost his response: SDHC card Data on my SDHC card in my Windows 10 laptop I accidently deleted . Any chance I can recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greg-carmack-reply-to-my-sdhc-card-question-i-lost/ef884d3a-05e7-4dfa-89b9-6c0014a6539b
  10. replies to questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replies to questions: the disk drive is new there is no data to save on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replies-to-questions/8d98fa82-1ba3-4ea4-a1d8-83d64b6ef628