Windows 10: Grey background when closing a window

Discus and support Grey background when closing a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Whenever I close or minimise a window any window such as chrome, discord, word, outlook, etc it shows a grey screen with my taskbar down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmQ1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. EmQ1 Win User

Grey background when closing a window

Hi all,

Whenever I close or minimise a window any window such as chrome, discord, word, outlook, etc it shows a grey screen with my taskbar down the bottom, as opposed to my desktop background.

I am running Windows 10 and have checked for updates. This is a recent issue that hasn't always happened on this PC. I can't think of anything I installed or changed the day it started happening.

:)

2. Default Background color on widescreen video playback

Still didn't help. Any more suggestions?

Karlos-kun, Jan 25, 2021
  3. How to change the screen background settings in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the background to the original.

• Type Themes and related settings in search bar. And click on that.

• Go to Themes.

• Under Windows default Themes select the back ground close the window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Grey background when closing a window

Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: Change your desktop background image

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Grey background when closing a window

1. Grey background when closing a window - Similar Threads - Grey background closing

2. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  3. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  4. Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing: Good Afternoon,I am having issues with signing into any Microsoft account on windows apps such as Microsoft store, Microsoft to do and even when trying to change my windows account from a local one back to a Microsoft account in settings. The issue occurs when I click to sign...
  5. Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing

Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing: Good Afternoon,I am having issues with signing into any Microsoft account on windows apps such as Microsoft store, Microsoft to do and even when trying to change my windows account from a local one back to a Microsoft account in settings. The issue occurs when I click to sign...
  6. Grey X close to my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey X close to my files: Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue? Note: I use Windows 10....
  7. Grey X close to my files

Grey X close to my files: Hi!There are some grey X's close to my files. Because of this, I'm not able to access many of my files. Can anyone kindly tell me what's the issue? Note: I use Windows 10....
  8. Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??: So instead of going to the desktop and showing the wallpaper background and other shortcuts, my desktop background goes grey after I close other applications and I have to click the show desktop button in the bottom right corner in order to show the actual desktop wallpaper,...
  9. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing taskbar grey desktop background: I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my user to nothing and then log back in but now it it gives me a grey background with a flashing taskbar. Any help? Thanks...
  10. MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge runs in the background when Closed ..: I have tryed everything to prevent it from running in the Background and when it is running in the Background there are 2 files associated with the name [Runtime broker] under MS Edge.. any way to close these when i close Edge.. or should i leave it like it is? :P 107449