Windows 10: Grey box in the way of search tab

Discus and support Grey box in the way of search tab in Cortana to solve the problem; It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Janie Jankens_22, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Grey box in the way of search tab

It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click

:)

Janie Jankens_22, Aug 23, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 23, 2022
  3. FrankPP Win User
    W10 search box shows suggestions - cannot be removed

Hello,
    after the latest Windows 10 update (from 20H2 to 21H2) the suggestions list in the Windows 10 search bothers me.
    Attached are 2 pictures of how it looks after and before the update.
    Is there any way to remove them? I already tried it with W10 Privacy, but without success.
    These are not app suggestions that can be disabled. The problem has occurred since the latest update, so it shouldn't be too familiar. One is before and one is after the update ("Vorschläge" means suggestions):

Grey box in the way of search tab [​IMG]

Grey box in the way of search tab [​IMG]

FrankPP, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Grey box in the way of search tab

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

Grey box in the way of search tab

1. Grey box in the way of search tab - Similar Threads - Grey box search

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box

Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box: Hi,I have been trying to set up 2 new computers and installing windows 11.At first the search box on the task bar in Windows works fine.I ionstalled most of my apps and then the computer did any update. After update the search bar is not usable. Only clicking the little bing...
  5. Grey box in the way of search tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box in the way of search tab: It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box-in-the-way-of-search-tab/d34a42cb-0532-44d7-854d-001674822ea1
  6. Grey box in the way of search tab

Grey box in the way of search tab: It shows up when i type anything in to the search bar at the bottom left corner, vanishes when i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box-in-the-way-of-search-tab/d34a42cb-0532-44d7-854d-001674822ea1
  7. Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box: When I try to search for an application or file in my computer, a grey box shows up and blocks the content. It disappears when you click on it. This concerns me as I have recently also noticed that my search engine on google sometimes randomly switches to yahoo. Is it...
  8. Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box

Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box: When I try to search for an application or file in my computer, a grey box shows up and blocks the content. It disappears when you click on it. This concerns me as I have recently also noticed that my search engine on google sometimes randomly switches to yahoo. Is it...
  9. Windows "Type Here To Search" Bar Grey Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows search box greys out when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box greys out when clicked: Sometime back in May? an Windows X update was loaded into my computer overnight, next morning the search feature in File Explorer goes grey every time it is clicked. The only way to remedy this was to uninstall the update. The next morning, Windows updated again with the same...