Windows 10: Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We noticed a box that appeared in the top right corner of our desktop in Windows 10. It shows GPU, CPU, RAM stats. It cannot be closed. How do we get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BMorin, Feb 15, 2020.

1. BMorin Win User

Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?

We noticed a box that appeared in the top right corner of our desktop in Windows 10. It shows GPU, CPU, RAM stats. It cannot be closed. How do we get rid of this box?

Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop? 662f9984-008f-4158-80f1-4860b026aef5?upload=true.png

:)

BMorin, Feb 15, 2020
  2. S rick Win User

Desktop Icons hidden on startup & Small grey box in top left corner of screen

On start-up my windows PC has all the desktop icons hidden and there is a small grey box in the top left corner of the screen, the icons reappear when I double click this box, here is an after picture.

Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop? S4PE4.png

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

S rick, Feb 15, 2020
  3. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?

White box on the top right corner of the screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are able to see a white box on top right corner of the screen and it hides some of the apps on the screen. For further clarity on the screen, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Do you see anything written on the white box?
    3. Do you get the box when you restart the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try performing a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?

1. Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - Grey box appeared

2. white box that appears in the corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white box that appears in the corner: Split from this thread. Hi how too get rid of a white box that appears in the corner of your asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-that-appears-in-the-corner/fe99f73d-dab2-4ba5-bdb7-adeb2a6c0cea
  3. white box that appears in the corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    white box that appears in the corner: Split from this thread. Hi how too get rid of a white box that appears in the corner of your asus laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-that-appears-in-the-corner/fe99f73d-dab2-4ba5-bdb7-adeb2a6c0cea
  4. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop: I have this weird grey box in the top left of my desktop, I have seen other people who have had this problem and was wondering if I could get an answer. Here's a screenshot:Here's some things I know about it:-It does not appear on startup-When it does appear all desktop icons...
  5. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop: I have this weird grey box in the top left of my desktop, I have seen other people who have had this problem and was wondering if I could get an answer. Here's a screenshot:Here's some things I know about it:-It does not appear on startup-When it does appear all desktop icons...
  6. Grey Rectangle in Top Left Corner of Desktop

7. Grey icon top right corner of screen

Grey icon top right corner of screen: Hello, I've intermittently been seeing a grey icon appear on the top right corner of my screen. It won't disappear until I reboot. Does anyone know what it could possibly be related to? [ATTACH]...
  8. White box appears in corner of desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White box appears in corner of desktop: Hi there, A day ago a white box appeared in the corner of my desktop. It is always there no matter what I do. The box seems to automatically start when I turn on my pc. I cant remove it. It doesn't do anything when I select it. Please help me thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Ads appearing on Desktop in lower right corner Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ads appearing on Desktop in lower right corner Windows 10: This is extremely frustrating. I have tried everything. Rkill, malware bytes, rouge killer, and probably many others. Nothing seems to work. There are these stupid ads that pop up on my desktop every so often in the lower right corner of the screen. I enclosed a screenshot....
  10. White box on the top right corner of the screen

White box on the top right corner of the screen: So theres a werid rectangle thats like whitish in my top right hand corner of my monitor. You can't drag it. sometimes all my apps disappear but if you double click it (the rectangle) they come back. if i do Windows + Tab and switch monitors or create a new one its still...