Windows 10: Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle

Discus and support Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I just got this random box at the top left screen. When I noticed it I tried to left click and right click it. It does not allow me to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Derek0304, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Derek0304 Win User

Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle

Hello. I just got this random box at the top left screen. When I noticed it I tried to left click and right click it. It does not allow me to do anything with it. I tried to look through task manager to see if I had any unrecognized programs running. Everything seems normal. I do not keep much on this PC but a few games for the most part. I tried restarting multiple times and it still appears. When I restarted the first time it said update and shut down PC. Is this some sort of the most recent update or is someone messing with my PC? Thanks to anyone who can help and thank you to anyone willing to try to help figure it out. This is bugging the hell out of me not knowing what it is.

:)

Derek0304, Apr 6, 2019

2. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Apr 6, 2019
  3. cappa09 Win User
    Arrow icon in top left screen

yea well there is a white arrow in the top left screen it looks like a u turn arrow dont know what it is?

thanks

cappa09, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle

1. Grey box top left of background with two arrows rotating in a circle - Similar Threads - Grey box top

2. What is this white/grey transparent circle/box in the top left corner of my windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this white/grey transparent circle/box in the top left corner of my windows 11...: Hello there, I have noticed that there is this odd transparent box in the corner of my desktop.It seems to sit on the desktop background layer, and the cursor can go over the circle/box, and sometimes, when I click it, it turns red.However, I can't seem to click it more than...
  3. What is this white/grey transparent circle/box in the top left corner of my windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this white/grey transparent circle/box in the top left corner of my windows 11...: Hello there, I have noticed that there is this odd transparent box in the corner of my desktop.It seems to sit on the desktop background layer, and the cursor can go over the circle/box, and sometimes, when I click it, it turns red.However, I can't seem to click it more than...
  4. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.: There's a weird grey box on the top left of my desktop, and I can't do anything with it. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-weird-grey-box-on-the-top-left-of-my/295add73-3649-4ad6-8211-62848368a9d1
  5. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.: There's a weird grey box on the top left of my desktop, and I can't do anything with it. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-weird-grey-box-on-the-top-left-of-my/295add73-3649-4ad6-8211-62848368a9d1
  6. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Top and left arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top and left arrow key not working: Ive tried rebooting,un-installing the driver,cleaning the llaptop,disabling num or scroll lock but nothing, i don't know how to fix it and it's my mothers laptop, any help please?...
  8. Top and left arrow key not working

Top and left arrow key not working: Ive tried rebooting,un-installing the driver,cleaning the llaptop,disabling num or scroll lock but nothing, i don't know how to fix it and it's my mothers laptop, any help please?...
  9. Top and left arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. File has a black box in bottom left-corner and two blue arrows on top-right corner on other...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File has a black box in bottom left-corner and two blue arrows on top-right corner on other...: I have two things that make me sick. One, there is a black box in the bottom left-corner of my Documents - Shortcut file. And two, there are two blue arrows on the top-right corner of some other files. I want to remove them, but how? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...