Windows 10: grey cross over my files in explorer

Discus and support grey cross over my files in explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; and i cant open it, how to fix ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by duuuudeeeey, Sep 6, 2020.

1. grey cross over my files in explorer

and i cant open it, how to fix ??

:)

duuuudeeeey, Sep 6, 2020

2. Gray Xs on files in Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Seems that you are unable to access/open older files on file explorer which were created/saved before 2017 and it has a grey cross on it.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the file format/type that has the cross mark?
    • What is the location in file explorer, these files are saved?
    • Are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue?

In order to investigate the issue, please provide a screenshot of the file explorer window where you see the grey cross on the file. Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Grey crosses

Hi, Yesterday Microsoft updated my computer and right after that small grey crosses appeared at the bottom left hand side of all my files, can you help it is worrying me, I have Windows 10, thanks.

PaulineBridgewater, Sep 6, 2020
  4. grey cross over my files in explorer

File Explorer Ribbons with Home Tabs greyed out

Want to say thank you for your time to reply. Yes I did this as your suggestion earlier today and still have the same problem with greyed out in Home Tabs under File Explorer.

imcanadian, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

grey cross over my files in explorer

1. grey cross over my files in explorer - Similar Threads - grey cross files

2. Hide grey cross on offline file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide grey cross on offline file: Hello,Is there a way to disable this grey cross on files GPO ? :This is not an important information for my users.Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-grey-cross-on-offline-file/3cb7c59d-d601-41e6-9108-0c17140a6e22
  3. Hide grey cross on offline file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide grey cross on offline file: Hello,Is there a way to disable this grey cross on files GPO ? :This is not an important information for my users.Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-grey-cross-on-offline-file/3cb7c59d-d601-41e6-9108-0c17140a6e22
  4. Grey Icon On Files In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Grey Icon On Files In File Explorer: There is this weird grey icon that is on EVERY single file besides two of them. The other two have blue arrows on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-icon-on-files-in-file-explorer/fe94ef44-c831-4520-898e-7eee6295cf74
  5. Grey crosses on document icons

Grey crosses on document icons: Hi everyone! Today I wanted to open some old files on my previous laptop. All the files I need seem to have a grey cross on the document icons as you can see on the screenshot. I can not open the files, copy them or send them to another device with WeTransfer. Does anyone...
  6. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  7. Files with grey cross

Files with grey cross: I have files with a grey cross and cannot open them. This only happens some of the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-grey-cross/25f4e74e-dd1d-4874-9dac-aa0d40f224c9
  8. Grey cross over my file icons pdf and ppt

Grey cross over my file icons pdf and ppt: I use a windows 10 laptop and today suddenly when I opened my laptop to use a pdf file I could not open it on observing I found a grey cross over the icons and now I am unable to open it I tried updating my windows laptop but it is already up to date....
  9. Crossing over Saved Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Crossing over Saved Emails: I want to cross over saved emails from a older gmail account to another now used gmail account, damn gmail wont let me. Idea you brainy lot *Tongue ? 40922
  10. Cursor crosses over to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor crosses over to second screen: Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down...