Windows 10: Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

Discus and support Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaranLi, May 27, 2022.

1. AaranLi Win User

Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my whole screen turned dark blue/grey type color. It's the same color as the discord background color, and I also had discord opened but I went to click on a youtube video. I'm up to date on graphics drivers, and it has only occurred when I was on split-screen mode. Could someone help me? If I switch to Windows 11 will it fix the issue? on windows 10 currently

:)

AaranLi, May 27, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Blue screen of death while playing videos online

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult this can be, we will look into this for you. However, we will need few information to get clarity on this issue.

• What is the current build of Windows 10 you are using on your computer? You can refer this article to

Check for the operating system information in Windows 10
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you get the same blue screen issue, while playing videos offline on the computer?

I suggest to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    to check if that makes any difference.

We have sent you a private message, please reply to the private message.

We await your response.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 27, 2022
  3. SavEm12 Win User
    Re-started Windows Explorer: My screen went blank/dark blue

1. My taskbar disappeared first. I opened task manager and found Windows Explorer at the bottom of the processes.

2. I pressed re-start and normally, the screen goes back to normal. I didn't do the steps you list in 2.

3. No. I just get the list.

4. I restarted my computer and nothing changes. I turned it off and waited, then turned it back on. I get the sign on screen. Enter my password and then the dark blue screen appears.

That 's it.

SavEm12, May 27, 2022
  4. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video - Similar Threads - Grey Dark Blue

2. Blue screen while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen while playing video games: I have a blue screen restart regularly after playing for some time. The crash mostly happens when playing with some games that have higher graphical requirements, but they didn't cause problems in the past. I recently upgraded to a better graphics card, but I have no idea if...
  3. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video: So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my whole screen turned dark blue/grey type color. It's the same color as the discord background color, and I also had discord...
  4. Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video

Grey/Dark Blue Screen after playing a video: So I was on split-screen mode with youtube google chrome on the left and a program on the right, and when I went to click another youtube video, my whole screen turned dark blue/grey type color. It's the same color as the discord background color, and I also had discord...
  5. Grey screen on monitor 1 when videos are being played.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen on monitor 1 when videos are being played.: So whenever a video comes on browser or steam or other programs that show video's i sometimes have the monitor go completely grey. My second monitor, however, stays normal. Windows 11 continues to run as normal, but my 1st monitor is now completely grey and unusable.To fix it...
  6. Grey screen on monitor 1 when videos are being played.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen on monitor 1 when videos are being played.: So whenever a video comes on browser or steam or other programs that show video's i sometimes have the monitor go completely grey. My second monitor, however, stays normal. Windows 11 continues to run as normal, but my 1st monitor is now completely grey and unusable.To fix it...
  7. Blue screen when playing videos in browser

Blue screen when playing videos in browser: Hello,I have crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent graphics drivers and windows update. Please help.Here is a link to dmp files and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks!BrHarald...
  8. Blue Screen when play video

Blue Screen when play video: I purchased a new laptop, just 2 days, when I play video on YouTube, Netfilx and from hard disk, after 25~30 minutes, will crash and show this blue screen as below, the Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOLATION. I been do the factory reset, then update all Windows update and...
  9. why my screen takes time to get brighten after playing dark videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    why my screen takes time to get brighten after playing dark videos: after playing some videos or reading from website "especially if these websites have dark images" and switch to office word ,for example, whaich has white background my screen usually takes time 2-3 seconds to brighter. it's really annoying me. why this is happening?...
  10. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...