Windows 10: Grey icon top right corner of screen

Discus and support Grey icon top right corner of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've intermittently been seeing a grey icon appear on the top right corner of my screen. It won't disappear until I reboot. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xuelongRQ, May 19, 2020.

1. xuelongRQ Win User

Grey icon top right corner of screen

Hello, I've intermittently been seeing a grey icon appear on the top right corner of my screen. It won't disappear until I reboot. Does anyone know what it could possibly be related to?

Grey icon top right corner of screen 8b77c53e-30df-4bd5-b322-4d2c4ecd28af?upload=true.png

:)

xuelongRQ, May 19, 2020
  2. S rick Win User

Desktop Icons hidden on startup & Small grey box in top left corner of screen

On start-up my windows PC has all the desktop icons hidden and there is a small grey box in the top left corner of the screen, the icons reappear when I double click this box, here is an after picture.

Grey icon top right corner of screen S4PE4.png

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

S rick, May 19, 2020
  3. provlima Win User
    blue arrows in top right corner of every folder and file icon ????

Can someone please guess why every folder and file Ive created in the last two momths has blue arrows in the top right corner of their icons? How do I get rid of these? See below examples

Grey icon top right corner of screen [​IMG]

thanks for your help

provlima, May 19, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile Grey icon top right corner of screen :)

Thema:

1. Grey icon top right corner of screen - Similar Threads - Grey icon top

2. Weird small doubled screen on the top right corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird small doubled screen on the top right corner: Recently, this appeared suddenly today, it mirror everything on the main screen and I can't get rid of it, please help.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-small-doubled-screen-on-the-top-right-corner/2470965d-70c7-41cc-bb43-31e14cb16eb5
  3. Weird small doubled screen on the top right corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird small doubled screen on the top right corner: Recently, this appeared suddenly today, it mirror everything on the main screen and I can't get rid of it, please help.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-small-doubled-screen-on-the-top-right-corner/2470965d-70c7-41cc-bb43-31e14cb16eb5
  4. Weird small duplicated screen on the top right corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird small duplicated screen on the top right corner: Recently, this shown after I click a zoom meeting invitation link. I can't get rid of it, please help.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-small-duplicated-screen-on-the-top-right/2470965d-70c7-41cc-bb43-31e14cb16eb5
  5. Weird small duplicated screen on the top right corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird small duplicated screen on the top right corner: Recently, this shown after I click a zoom meeting invitation link. I can't get rid of it, please help.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-small-duplicated-screen-on-the-top-right/2470965d-70c7-41cc-bb43-31e14cb16eb5
  6. Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey box just appeared in top right corner of Windows 10 desktop?: We noticed a box that appeared in the top right corner of our desktop in Windows 10. It shows GPU, CPU, RAM stats. It cannot be closed. How do we get rid of this box? [ATTACH]...
  7. Top Right Corner Cursor not working

Top Right Corner Cursor not working: The mouse cursor isn't responding to any application in 5x4cm square on the top right corner of my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-right-corner-cursor-not-working/c533743d-9882-4dc5-8ef5-78492600fe2e
  8. White box on the top right corner of the screen

White box on the top right corner of the screen: So theres a werid rectangle thats like whitish in my top right hand corner of my monitor. You can't drag it. sometimes all my apps disappear but if you double click it (the rectangle) they come back. if i do Windows + Tab and switch monitors or create a new one its still...
  9. Resize window icon in top right corner no longer works.

Resize window icon in top right corner no longer works.: Resize window icon in top right corner no longer works since last update. It minimizes app instead of resizing. I can only use my apps in full screen now. Last update says it was done on 5/16/2019 which is interesting since it is 5/14/2019 today. I estimate the update was...
  10. Transparent rectangle in top right corner of screen

Transparent rectangle in top right corner of screen: Hello I'm running windows 10 and there is a often a small transparent rectangle in the top left of my screen while my desktop is blank. When I double click it, it disappears and my desktop reappears. Does anyone know how to get rid of it permanently.[ATTACH]...