Windows 10: Grey Night Light Settings

Discus and support Grey Night Light Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexandruDrugă, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Grey Night Light Settings

Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?

:)

AlexandruDrugă, Nov 16, 2021
  2. ROSKIM Win User

Night Light option greyed out

The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this.

ROSKIM, Nov 16, 2021
  3. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Nov 16, 2021
  4. Grey Night Light Settings

Night Light Greyed Out

Just installed Win v1703 and found that Night Light settings remain all greyed out.

I've tried setting Radeon R9 370 to GPU Scaling = On and rebooted system. No change.

After this major v1703 update that provides the Night Light feature, users shouldn't have to dicker with Registry.

pragmaticron, Nov 16, 2021
Thema:

Grey Night Light Settings

1. Grey Night Light Settings - Similar Threads - Grey Night Light

2. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  3. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  4. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Grey Night Light Settings

Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  6. Grey Night Light Settings

Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  7. my night light is greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my night light is greyed out: if i try to turn on night light it is greyed out and nothing is working submitted by /u/StepBro_Flux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ngdg7k/my_night_light_is_greyed_out/
  8. Night light settings

Night light settings: Hi, I currently have a user who uses the Night light settings on their Dell 5500 laptop with 2 x external monitors connected by a D6000 dock but when your turn on the Night light it only works on the laptop. The user has restarted and have all the required Windows...
  9. Night Light Settings

Night Light Settings: My night light settings are grayed out and won't activate at the time I set it at. My father managed to fix it for a short period of time but now the settings are grayed out again, and won't let me edit them....
  10. Night Light option greyed out

Night Light option greyed out: The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this....