Windows 10: Grey out at the window search screen

Discus and support Grey out at the window search screen in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Last night, I had a problem with the window search screen, when I typing in the search box, nothing shows on the search screen see the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PhungThang, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Grey out at the window search screen

Hi everyone,

Last night, I had a problem with the window search screen, when I typing in the search box, nothing shows on the search screen see the picture attached for details. How to resolve this problem?

Thank All.

Grey out at the window search screen [​IMG]

:)

PhungThang, Feb 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Grey out at the window search screen

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Grey out at the window search screen

1. Grey out at the window search screen - Similar Threads - Grey window search

2. Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box: Hi,I have been trying to set up 2 new computers and installing windows 11.At first the search box on the task bar in Windows works fine.I ionstalled most of my apps and then the computer did any update. After update the search bar is not usable. Only clicking the little bing...
  3. Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and greyed out taskbar search box: Hi,I have been trying to set up 2 new computers and installing windows 11.At first the search box on the task bar in Windows works fine.I ionstalled most of my apps and then the computer did any update. After update the search bar is not usable. Only clicking the little bing...
  4. Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out: PC ConfigurationLenovo Legion Y740, Model: 81UJ0001US, Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22623.1325. Enrolled into Insider Beta channel.I'm the admin and only person on this PC.IssueIt's been a long time since Search Highlights had been in testing / rolled out to large number of...
  5. Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out

Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out: PC ConfigurationLenovo Legion Y740, Model: 81UJ0001US, Windows 11 Home 22H2 Build 22623.1325. Enrolled into Insider Beta channel.I'm the admin and only person on this PC.IssueIt's been a long time since Search Highlights had been in testing / rolled out to large number of...
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows search box greys out when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search box greys out when clicked: Sometime back in May? an Windows X update was loaded into my computer overnight, next morning the search feature in File Explorer goes grey every time it is clicked. The only way to remedy this was to uninstall the update. The next morning, Windows updated again with the same...
  10. Greyed out area on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Greyed out area on screen: Hi there, I need help! I hit some unknown key accidentally (I think) and this happened to my display. I can still use the screen behind the greyed-out areas outside the 2 superimposed rectangles .... I just can't see it! Cannot for the life of me find out how to reverse this....