Windows 10: Grey overlay on videos glitch fix

Discus and support Grey overlay on videos glitch fix in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For anyone experiencing sudden grey filter on video playback after: about a second of playback system overlays such hovering on open taskbar apps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babingepet12, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Grey overlay on videos glitch fix

For anyone experiencing sudden grey filter on video playback after:

• about a second of playback
    • system overlays such hovering on open taskbar apps, start menu etc.

that affects some apps only like chrome, photos, movies & TV (PotPlayer seems to be immune from this issue),

You can try disabling "Transparency effects" in Settings > Personalization > Color. It's been driving me crazy for quite some time and I just accidentally found this fix just now. I'm posting this just in case a future googler is looking for a fix because I can't find anything on the internet

submitted by /u/babingepet12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babingepet12, Jun 19, 2022
  2. hexaae Win User

Search bar graphic glitch half grey

Video drivers are ok, it's not a video glitch but a software issue in the search component of some kind, apparently...

From a comparison with fresh install in VBox (left) I've found some differences in the registry keys for SearchUI (C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe):

Grey overlay on videos glitch fix [​IMG]

(differences at the bottom are just for the Jumplist history so we can ignore them...)

P.S.
    I just added also the value "BingSearchEnabled"=dword:00000000, let's see if this is enough to stop this random glitch

- - - Updated - - -

Changed 2 things:

• added the value "BingSearchEnabled"=dword:00000000 to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • changed NVidia settings for SearchUI profile to use application settings for anisotropic filter ignoring driver's customization for SearchApp.exe:

Grey overlay on videos glitch fix [​IMG]

2 days and is still ok

- - - Updated - - -

It just happened again *Sad

hexaae, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jun 19, 2022
  4. beerock69 Win User

Grey overlay on videos glitch fix

windows phone 8 nokia lumia 920, has a glitch with recording video

That's a glitch in the phone with the video not a suggestion its just I put a suggestion to fix the glitch for recording video with the buttons down

beerock69, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

Grey overlay on videos glitch fix

1. Grey overlay on videos glitch fix - Similar Threads - Grey overlay videos

2. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  3. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  4. Overlay two videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlay two videos: I have two .webm videos files. One has video but no audio and the other one has audio but no video.I want to merge them together overlay. I use clipchamp but it takes a lot of time to export.Any other apps for both laptop and Android I can use?...
  5. Overlay two videos

Overlay two videos: I have two .webm videos files. One has video but no audio and the other one has audio but no video.I want to merge them together overlay. I use clipchamp but it takes a lot of time to export.Any other apps for both laptop and Android I can use?...
  6. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  7. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  8. Greenscreen overlay for videos

Greenscreen overlay for videos: is itpossible to use a greenscreen withwindows video editor? ***Original Title: greenscreen?*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greenscreen-overlay-for-videos/322a8433-b3a8-45ac-8216-1fa899a92344
  9. Grey overlay/ filter when playing a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey overlay/ filter when playing a video: I have had a problem with my new computer. When I play a video, (youtube video, playing a videofile with the photos app on windows, etc.) a grey "filter" comes on top of the media that is playing. Before this only happened when i played a video on a higher resolution than it...
  10. Grey overlay on the 90% of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Grey overlay on the 90% of the screen: Hey My computer screen suddenly got a grey filter over the working area. I can still see colours so it's not the windows, alt, c thing. It's like there is a fly screen or similar over the bottom 90% of the working area. Can anyone help please? Driving me insane. Thanks...