Windows 10: GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP

Discus and support GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nesquiknessi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nesquiknessi, Mar 13, 2021.

1. GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP

/u/nesquiknessi, Mar 13, 2021
  2. bradford Win User

grey screen when restarting or shutting down

I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the background is blue, but in between a weird grey screen shows up?

bradford, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Claymore Win User
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down

Did you ever find a solution?

Claymore, Mar 13, 2021
  4. ilgoldman Win User

GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP :confused:*Mad GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP

1. GREY “restarting” and “shutting down” screen. PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - GREY “restarting” “shutting

2. my computer wont shut down please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer wont shut down please help: So my power went out whilst my computer was on and it lost power now that my power is back on I opened my computer and went to shut it down but it did the whole shutting down screen my 2 monitors turned off and then it just opened back up please help....
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  7. Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shut down "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" Please Help: [ATTACH] It gives me this error every single time i shut down. after it goes to 100% then it turns off, any ideas how to fix this? error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"...
  8. SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    SPro1 turns-on to Shutting Down screen, help please!: Shut down SPro1 last night and then packed it away, went to turn it on later-on, got the Surface logo, and then instead of logging-into Windows, it went to a Shutting Down screen instead. Longpress Power for 30 secs, Two button shutdown (Vol Up+Power for 15 secs), Longpress...
  9. Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...: Earlier today I went to restart my desktop and it had an Update then Restart option so there seemed to be an outstanding update to be installed. When the computer started its shutdown process I noticed that I didn't get the installing updates screen. Now when I restart or...
  10. grey screen when restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down: I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the...