Windows 10: Grey Screen after I Login

Discus and support Grey Screen after I Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started my computer normally. After about 1 hour all programs started to stop responding. I've tried shutting down and restarting my computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonas_437, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Jonas_437 Win User

Grey Screen after I Login

I started my computer normally. After about 1 hour all programs started to stop responding. I've tried shutting down and restarting my computer the normal way. But when Windows also stopped responding, I switched off the computer using its power button. When I turned on the computer, the background of the login screen was blue. When I then tried to restart my computer using the restart button in the login window, the entire screen froze and I couldn't do anything. I pressed the power button again to turn off the computer. When I turned it on again afterwards, I tried to log in. It was about 10 minutes Welcome ... on the screen, until then the screen was completely gray and nothing could be done. ctrl + alt + del didn't work either.

:)

Jonas_437, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 21, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Grey Screen after I Login

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Grey Screen after I Login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Grey Screen after I Login

1. Grey Screen after I Login - Similar Threads - Grey Screen Login

2. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  3. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  4. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  6. Blank grey screen after Windows login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  7. Blank grey screen after Windows login

Blank grey screen after Windows login: Hello,After logging into windows I'm now getting a blank grey screen. I can still see the mouse pointer and occasionally part of the toolbar clock etc or my user background image will flash for a second.First noticed this while using Firefox with multiple tabs open which...
  8. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  9. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  10. Grey screen flicker after login