Windows 10: Grey Screen after switching to display port.

Discus and support Grey Screen after switching to display port. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently switched from HDMI to DisplayPort as my monitor can handle 144hz, and just ran a test to see whether my HDMI cable still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Dimerz, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Dimerz Win User

Grey Screen after switching to display port.

Hello there,

I recently switched from HDMI to DisplayPort as my monitor can handle 144hz, and just ran a test to see whether my HDMI cable still made the display look greyish and it doesn't have that much grey in it compared to the DisplayPort. The DisplayPort is more greyish and I only came to notice it when I switched the cables. What's happened here?
    Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1070 graphics card, Asus VG248QE monitor.

:)

Dimerz, Oct 10, 2016

2. Dual monitors not set up correct

Hi Mike,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This might be due to incorrect settings. In Display settings, kindly check which monitor is selected as the main display, and press the
    Windows key + P, and check how your displays are projected. (PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, or Second screen only)

In most situations, when display 2 becomes display 1, it means that the ports are not connected to their proper ports. We suggest switching the ports, and check if it helps.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Screen turns grey and switches off

When i start my laptop, after windows start up the screen turns grey and the laptop switches off in 1 minute.

sanketrane, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Dimerz Win User

Fixed this with a little search, seems that I had to go into the NVidia Control Panel and then "Change resolution". On that screen, I changed the "Output dynamic range" setting from 'Limited' to 'Full'.

Dimerz, Oct 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Grey Screen after switching to display port. - Similar Threads - Grey Screen switching

2. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen after password: I get a grey screen after putting in my password. I don't see the windows logo when I boot up and I don't want to do a restart cause all of my game files are in risk. if someone could help that would be great because I have suck little patience and this computer really ticks...
  3. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after password: I get a grey screen after putting in my password. I don't see the windows logo when I boot up and I don't want to do a restart cause all of my game files are in risk. if someone could help that would be great because I have suck little patience and this computer really ticks...
  4. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  6. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  7. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  8. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  9. Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Screen of Death, power on but no display: After allowing my PC to boot up for about 5 minutes I encountered the grey screen of death. My computer froze and I was forced to reset. Since then I've been able to boot my PC but with no display on my monitor. I'm yet to find anyone with the exact same problem and I'm...
  10. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...