Windows 10: Grey screen after using my PC

Discus and support Grey screen after using my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure what is happening to my PC at the moment but I keep getting a completly black screen after turning it on. If I leave the computer off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ElliottJ5, Mar 25, 2023.

1. ElliottJ5 Win User

Grey screen after using my PC

Hi, I'm not sure what is happening to my PC at the moment but I keep getting a completly black screen after turning it on. If I leave the computer off for a while I can get as far as having 10m access to my PC before it just happens again. Really stuck on what to do. I've try doing a factory reset and within that time the screen just goes grey. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

ElliottJ5, Mar 25, 2023

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2023
  4. dir_d Win User

HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Grey screen after using my PC - Similar Threads - Grey screen using

2. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen after password: I get a grey screen after putting in my password. I don't see the windows logo when I boot up and I don't want to do a restart cause all of my game files are in risk. if someone could help that would be great because I have suck little patience and this computer really ticks...
  3. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after password: I get a grey screen after putting in my password. I don't see the windows logo when I boot up and I don't want to do a restart cause all of my game files are in risk. if someone could help that would be great because I have suck little patience and this computer really ticks...
  4. Grey screen after password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Grey screen after using my PC

Grey screen after using my PC: Hi, I'm not sure what is happening to my PC at the moment but I keep getting a completly black screen after turning it on. If I leave the computer off for a while I can get as far as having 10m access to my PC before it just happens again. Really stuck on what to do. I've try...
  6. Grey screen after using my PC

Grey screen after using my PC: Hi, I'm not sure what is happening to my PC at the moment but I keep getting a completly black screen after turning it on. If I leave the computer off for a while I can get as far as having 10m access to my PC before it just happens again. Really stuck on what to do. I've try...
  7. Grey Screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  8. Grey Screen after login

Grey Screen after login: My Lenovo laptop displays a grey screen when I try to go to my desktop from the login screen. I have tried the BIOS, restarting the computer three times to reinstiall windows, but eventually the screen turns gray usually after several operations. Is there any way to fix this...
  9. Grey screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...
  10. Grey screen after inactivity

Grey screen after inactivity: I've been having an issue with my screen going grey and only maintaining a couple of my active windows after any period of inactivity. When this happens, I cannot use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager, or really anything. I get the "failure to display security and shut...